Movie Library Scanning

lsl283

Hi All,

I'm new to Emby and setting up my movie library against my NAS. It's scanning the TV shows perfectly fine, but it's ignoring all the 1000+ movies (almost entirely MKV format).

This has been working fine directly from Kodi via SMB for years, any ideas? It scans successfully, but finds zero movies. Structure of the folders is /Movies/MovieName (Year)/MovieName.Year.mkv etc.

Cheers

Happy2Play

Best guess permissions.  You would need to post a server log during a library scan.

Yeah, i assume permissions too, but the TV folder is on the same share as the Movie folder. Perms are the same. I'll run a scan and check the logs. Thanks.

So i went through the logs and I'm getting hundreds of the following error:

2016-09-13 18:12:15.6316 Error App: Error in Nfo
 *** Error Report ***
 Version: 3.0.7100.0
 Command line: C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
 Processor count: 4
 64-Bit OS: True
 64-Bit Process: True
 Program data path: C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
 Application Path: C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Root element is missing.
 System.Xml.XmlException
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
    at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Parsers.BaseNfoParser`1.Fetch(MetadataResult`1 item, String metadataFile, XmlReaderSettings settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Parsers.BaseNfoParser`1.Fetch(MetadataResult`1 item, String metadataFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Providers.EpisodeNfoProvider.Fetch(MetadataResult`1 result, String path, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Providers.BaseNfoProvider`1.<GetMetadata>d__0.MoveNext()
 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RefreshWithProviders>d__4a.MoveNext()

It's clearly hitting a malformed xml file, but how to tell which one?

... oh, and all my nfo files are formatted the same:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <title>3 Days to Kill</title>
  <originaltitle>3 Days to Kill</originaltitle>
  <sorttitle>3 Days to Kill</sorttitle>
  <set>
  </set>
  <rating>6.2</rating>
  <votes>27060</votes>
  <criticrating>40</criticrating>
  <criticsummary><![CDATA[Although it's not impossible to mix humor and violence, as “Midnight Run” proves, it isn't easy - as 3 Days to Kill proves. Points for effort all the way around, and welcome back, Costner. Let's hope things get better from here.]]></criticsummary>
  <year>2014</year>
  <releasedate>2014-02-21</releasedate>

I can't tell if it's throwing an exception on the same file over and over or if it's having issue with every single one.