Not Connecting to some Networks

DParsons

I have had several instances of Emby not being able to connect to certain networks. In two different locations I've had the same issue and that is Emby will not connect to Wifi in certain locations only. I get the same screen as when there is no WiFi connection but all other online applications are still working and the phone says it is connected to that network. In both locations I have been able to connect and it work fine, very occasionally, but on other days it gives the response as if there is no network connection. The times that it has worked from these locations is rare but it has worked before in both locations, but it usually displays the same screen that Emby displays when you try to connect and there actually is no internet. This last happened yesterday and after trying several times to connect, which on occasion will work, I gave up on it and at the same time I could play anything else online just Emby would not connect.

What Emby app are you trying to use?

Please note, Emby does not connect to wifi, rather, it just uses the network connection given to it by the device.

Hello Luke,

Just pointing out something that seems to happen often to me at certain locations but if this is an isolated occurrence it must be my phone.  I was hoping some network detail at certain areas was causing this to happen regularly and someone might have had this happen also and had some advice, but I don't doubt it's possibly the phone I'm using. It's a fairly standard Galaxy and it does work on this phone, flawlessly at most locations, but it is definitely not connecting at certain locations most of the time.

One of these locations is a friends house that I'm at often and it will not work there for some reason and that's what gave me the idea to post about it here after many instances of it not working. Do you have any ideas why this might be happening or any suggestions as to something I can check at these locations?