nuVue?

dbowles1975

dbowles1975

If this is the wrong place for this then please move or delete it. Does anyone know if the nuVue app still works with emby? I haven't used it in months but for whatever reason I am not able to sign in to my server from the app. The app returns an incorrect user name or password error. From what I see in the emby logs it appears the app is not actually sending any credentials because I see a "value cannot be null" error in the logs. If I enter the server information manually it does recognize all the users on the server but it will not let me sign in to any of them. I emailed the dev a few weeks ago but got no response. Thanks for any help you can offer. 

Edited by dbowles1975

dbowles1975

So if I try to sign in from the nuVue app and then I look in recent activity on the emby server it shows that I successfully authenticated. But the nuVue app returns "incorrect user name or password". This is also confirmed in the log here:

2016-09-13 17:23:00.2169 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.3:8096/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. UserAgent:
2016-09-13 17:23:00.2169 Info UserManager: Authentication request for Dave has succeeded.
2016-09-13 17:23:00.2326 Info SessionManager: Reissuing access token: d12629694350426d903906c51a654eed
2016-09-13 17:23:00.2326 Error ServiceStackHost: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.7100.0
    Command line: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 8
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: appName
    System.ArgumentNullException
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<LogSessionActivity>d__9.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<AuthenticateNewSessionInternal>d__102.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.<Post>d__17.MoveNext()

2016-09-13 17:23:00.2326 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.7100.0
    Command line: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Value cannot be null.
    ServiceStack.HttpError
    No Stack Trace Available
    InnerException: System.ArgumentNullException
    Value cannot be null.
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<LogSessionActivity>d__9.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<AuthenticateNewSessionInternal>d__102.MoveNext()

Most of that means nothing to me. I'm just leaving this here hoping somebody notices something that stands out. Thanks. 

UPDATE: I found an old tablet that had nuVue installed and noticed that it had been updating with new media and it even showed an active playback session... so nuVue still works. I tried to sign out and it gave me a "error connecting to server - force sign out?" prompt. I forced the sign out and then tried to sign back in and received the same "incorrect user name or password" error with all users.

It looks like it works for people who have already been signed in but not for people trying to sign in.

Edited by dbowles1975

dbowles1975

Try resetting the data and cache in the nuVue app and trying again.

Alternatively, join the nuVue G+ group and send Rob a message.

Website is: http://nuvueapp.com

I've already tried this. Thanks.

Tell you what... sign out of nuVue then try to sign in again and let me know what happens. 

Tell you what... sign out of nuVue then try to sign in again and let me know what happens. 

@@dbowles1975

Same problem - Incorrect username/password.

I'll have to email @@rwhapham  :)

I had this before and I fixed it, but can't remember what it was now.

Do you accounts have passwords ??

Luke/@@ebr - is this a problem server-side please, as seeing an error in the server log:

2016-09-15 07:51:24.7978 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.140:8096/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. UserAgent: 
2016-09-15 07:51:24.7978 Info UserManager: Authentication request for Master has succeeded.
2016-09-15 07:51:24.8118 Info SessionManager: Reissuing access token: ea6740f818754498825eb567eba79e47
2016-09-15 07:51:24.8118 Error ServiceStackHost: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.1.6101.20461
Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Value cannot be null.
System.ArgumentNullException

2016-09-15 07:51:24.8118 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.1.6101.20461
Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Value cannot be null.
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available
InnerException: System.ArgumentNullException
Value cannot be null.

2016-09-15 07:51:24.8118 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 400 to 192.168.1.8. Time: 21ms. http://192.168.1.140:8096/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json
2016-09-15 07:51:27.3019 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/System/Logs/Log?name=server-63609494399.txt. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36
2016-09-15 07:51:27.4619 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/System/Logs/Log?name=server-63609494399.txt. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36
The server authenticates the user OK and issues a token, but then there is an error.

Thanks.

dbowles1975

@@dbowles1975

Same problem - Incorrect username/password.

I'll have to email @@rwhapham  :)

I had this before and I fixed it, but can't remember what it was now.

Do you accounts have passwords ??

Thanks... and sorry your nuVue is now broken.  :(

I have three accounts and two of the three have passwords. I get the same error with all three accounts.

I have tried signing in with Emby Connect and that fails. I have tried signing in with the local server (locally and over VPN) and it sees all three accounts but I get the same error. I've even tried the local server remotely using DDNS and that fails in the same manner. 

I really appreciate you helping me with this. 

Thanks... and sorry your nuVue is now broken.   :(

I have three accounts and two of the three have passwords. I get the same error with all three accounts.

I have tried signing in with Emby Connect and that fails. I have tried signing in with the local server (locally and over VPN) and it sees all three accounts but I get the same error. I've even tried the local server remotely using DDNS and that fails in the same manner. 

I really appreciate you helping me with this. 

No worries  :)

I'll try it again when I am home to see if it's a "local" server issue.

I normally enter my DDNS address - I don't use Emby Connect.

Do you get the list of users returned OK ??

I get my 3, but none have a password.

I added a password to one, but it still failed.

I think it's a possible server problem, but need Luke or @@ebr to confirm/deny,

dbowles1975

No worries  :)

I'll try it again when I am home to see if it's a "local" server issue.

I normally enter my DDNS address - I don't use Emby Connect.

Do you get the list of users returned OK ??

I get my 3, but none have a password.

I added a password to one, but it still failed.

I think it's a possible server problem, but need Luke or @@ebr to confirm/deny,

Yes, it returns the user list just fine. I am experiencing the exact same issue you are. 

It's not a server issue. It's missing an http header that needs to be present on every request:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki/Authentication

It's nothing new, however since you're probably going to ask what changed, the server is probably just more strict about enforcing it than it was before.

It's not a server issue. It's missing an http header that needs to be present on every request:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki/Authentication

It's nothing new, however since you're probably going to ask what changed, the server is probably just more strict about enforcing it than it was before.

So would it have been working seeing as I've been logged in on the app for a couple of months, and now that I've logged out its causing an issue?

dbowles1975

One other issue I noticed with nuVue before I signed out and was unable to sign back in is that the app did not recognize other users when using pay-it-forward notifications. It would allow me to send emails but only to myself. None of the other users on my server were recognized as recipients. Not sure this has anything to do with the other issue but I thought I would mention it here in case the developer shows up. Thanks!

dbowles1975

I think they need to have nuVue installed first for that to work.

I'm pretty sure that pay-it-forward notification forwarding is for people that don't use the nuVue app. You might be thinking of nuVue Shared. 

• Like 1

dbowles1975

NuVue is working again :)

Excellent! Thanks!

Any idea how I get the app to recognize users so I can use the pay-it-forward notifications? 

dbowles1975

Are you/they logged into the app via Emby Connect?

Yes, but under "recipients" it only shows the user you are signed in as using Emby Connect. If you sign in locally it doesn't show any users. All local users have Emby Connect usernames linked to them in the server. 

OK, perhaps we're talk at cross purposes.

My daughter has the nuVue app on her phone and it's set up to receive any new media that are in her libraries.

I don't forward any information to her from my app.

If you need, perhaps post a message on the nuVue G+ group.