Plugin? or is it a channel? or is a plugin and a channel the same thing?

chef

Well, have fun with this as an experiment but any time you use something like this outside of how it was designed to be used, there is the potential for it to break or wreak havoc down the line in unexpected ways.

This is a creative solution.  Just be aware... :)

• Like 1

Well, have fun with this as an experiment but any time you use something like this outside of how it was designed to be used, there is the potential for it to break or wreak havoc down the line in unexpected ways.

This is a creative solution.  Just be aware... :)

The trick that makes this work is to (mis-)use the channel child item enumeration as a server event from inside the plugin.

I had developed that idea for this quite a while ago in a different context while re-doing the SoundCloud channel, thus I was quite confident that it would work..

Experimental - of course! But it also demonstrates the power of channel plugins and could be a motivation to further extend the channel interfaces..

I do enjoy the ability to piggy back the home automation through Xbox one, considering Xbox doesn't have anything like it.

I've even built an emby "term breaker" plugin/channel which I find is kind of cool. But we'll change the subject.

Another interesting application for a channel plugin would be something similar to what Sonarr does or similar tools for content acquisition.

The channel plugin could display items organized hierarchically and clicking on an item would trigger the acquisition...

• Like 1

Another interesting application for a channel plugin would be something similar to what Sonarr does or similar tools for content acquisition.

The channel plugin could display items organized hierarchically and clicking on an item would trigger the acquisition...

Yes, but not in our catalog... ;)

Absolutely not, and I'm sure no Emby user would even ever think about any kind of questionable use.. ;) ;) ;)

/me passes softworkz a pint of rum.

Arggghhh.. set sail for tortuga, quietly.. :)

• Like 1