Breeze Layout Question

divide_by_zero

divide_by_zero

Just watched the promo clip for Breeze, and holy cows, does it look awesome.

However, I had a question regarding layout options before I purchase the theme. It seems like this theme (like most of the other popular options) focuses on a "Cover Flow" view of a given collection. While this looks great during a demo vid, I find that when trying to decide what to watch with Mrs. divide_by_zero, a simple text list of titles makes things MUCH easier to scroll through with a library of 500+ items. As such I have used Subdued for a good long while, as this layout is straightforward to setup, and looks pretty nice.

Is there an option for this sort of layout with Breeze? Trying to achieve something along the lines of how things look in the Dexter series at 1:45 of the promo vid, but for the entire "Movies" or "TV" catagories, prior to drilling down into specific titles.

Hope the above makes sense. If this functionality is already baked in, just let me know and I'll purchase the theme when I have some time to nerd out and set it up. If it's not yet possible, consider this a feature request from a future customer. :)

Thanks!

d_b_0

leedavies

Yes, you can do that today.  The promo video uses the Detail View around 1:45 where you see Dexter.  That view works just the same for movies.

See these 2 screenshots to show the same movies in Poster View and Detail View.  Detail view is just a simple list of item names and can be used for any type of media - TV shows, movies, music, video games etc....  anything.

One bit of information currently shown in Poster view, but not in Detail is the Director name - which is clickable so you can zoom off to view a list of all the movies they directed.

This is Poster view:

52d64b3eee60a_BreezePosterView.png

This is the same selection of movies in Detail view:

52d64b5687b8e_BreezeDetailView.png

Another option you could consider is to use Detail View for your Movies by Genre collection.  You'll then see a list of genre names, rather than images or thumbnails.  Select any genre name to see a list of all movies of that genre - again, you could use Detail view for this list of movies too.  

Nice and clean and simple - hope that does the trick for you!

Lee

divide_by_zero

Hey Lee,

Had a bit of time tonight to give this a try. Oddly, upon switching to the Breeze theme after downloading through the Configurator, I was immediately informed that my trial was over. Hmm, strange. Oh well, whatever - head off to purchase it and dig in. Store page just comes up with no items to purchase - nada.

I'm guessing it's that you're not the person who matains the store, but I'm sure you can get word to the right people to get this resolved if they weren't already aware.

Thanks!

d_b_0

leedavies

That is the old MediaBrowser 2.6 store - it doesn't have any MB3 plugins and was closed at the end of 2013.

To download trial plugins and to buy them if you want to keep them beyond the end of the free 14-day trial, you need to open up the MB Classic Configurator and use the Plugins tab to download trial versions of available plugins.

If you like a plugin, you can buy it at any time during the trial, or after the trial has ended.  To buy a plugin, open up your Media Browser dashboard on your local installation machine - there's a link on your Start Menu in the Media Browser 3 folder.

Once you're in the dashboard and can see the list of navigation/configuration links down the left hand side, you'll see a Plugins link

1. Click the Plugins link

2. Click the Catalog tab at the top of the main page area

3. Then on the "Show" pulldown, select MB Classic Plugins and you'll see the same plugins listed in the MB Configurator, each with a thumbnail image you can click on

4. Click on any thumbnail image for a premium plugin and you'll see a buy button

Shout if you need any more info....

Hope that helps!

divide_by_zero

Hey Lee,

Thanks for the suggestions. Just as an FYI, I ended up at the mediabrowser.tv 2.6 store based on the "your theme is expired, go here to purchase" message in the MBC UI, so you may want to update/change that link so it points to current instructions.

So, I after purchasing a supporter key (long overdue, I might add), Breeze no longer throws the expired error on launch, Just mentioning that in case anyone else experiences that issue.

A few further questions:

1) Twice now, upon browsing titles in the movie collection and attempting to play something, I've hit an "item offline" error message (when the error is encountered, it seems to persist no matter which title I select - as if the entire library is offline). Haven't been able to figure out why, as my file server never sleeps, the MB Server is running, and I can access/play any of the titles via the network share with VLC. Guessing this might be some sort of beta-ish bug with either MB Server or the MBC client, but if you have any insight, I'm all ears.

2) The "Details" view for the collections is AWESOME! However, if i scroll through titles quickly, the app seems to hang. It goes grey and out of focus like an unresponsive Windows app. I've let it sit for several minutes, but only way out is taskmgr followed by killing/restarting media center. Not a huge deal for me, but a big one on the WAF scale if this is going to be our everyday theme.

3) I've tried and failed to find any different view settings for the EHS, with the big tiles for the collections. Is there any way to change this to some sort of detail view as well?

Again, thanks for the awesome work on this theme! Look forward to working out the kinks so this can be the daily driver. :)

• 4 weeks later...