Xbox Theater Live TV Issues

Bert

Logs:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao2HmJdFTqZehY1qhxTwbqAJUHQEww

I use ServerWMC with 3 of the older (non-DNLA) HD Homeruns.  My server is a Windows 10, early generation (2nd I think) i5 with HD 3000 graphics.

Using Emby Theater on Xbox One last night for the first time, live TV did not work.  The spinning circle would go from blue to the colors and then a black screen would expand from the middle and nothing would happen.  The application also became unresponsive and I had to go to the Xbox Home Page and quit the application and restart to resume use.  This is not in the logs from last night as I deleted them to clean up.  I also restarted my server computer this morning to install an updated driver.

Today, the first time I tried it it worked fine.  Although, it reported as transcoding at 5.7 over a wired gigabyte connection.  It looked just ok and stuttered a bit.  Backed out of that and tried another channel and the same behavior as before (ended up quitting the app).  I noticed Emby reported it as "direct play" which would be awesome except I doubt the XBox One can actually do that.

I use a ton of devices (Roku, Fire Stick, Xbox One, Android) and though the live TV is better, it is still very flaky.  Sometimes it seems to work with Quicksync, other times, not so much.  I've gone back and forth with QS on and off (it's currently off).  Issues that I know of include it doesn't always close the streams and it doesn't always delete the files the streams create.  This has been an issue because I get a huge file eating up all the space on my C: (SSD Drive) so I had to change from using that.  Live TV works fine most of the time but doesn't enough to be considered unreliable.

As an aside, if I were to purchase a newer HDHR that has DNLA capability, do you think these would result in a more reliable performance?  Would I have issues incorporating the new tuners (2 per device) with the six I already have?

Thanks in advance Luke.

PrincessClevage

I also have just installed the new Emby Theater for desktop (windows 7) and I have ServerWMC but when running live tv it plays for 2 seconds then returns to the live tv splash screen. Is there some configuration to get the live tv working in Emby Theater? the rest of it is very usable and quick to respond and quite functional.

A second question which is off topic is: is there a way to add my own components e.g in WMC under extras I had "Wake NAS" addin with a picture of my NAS so I could do this using the single remote and it just ran a .bat file?

I also have just installed the new Emby Theater for desktop (windows 7) and I have ServerWMC but when running live tv it plays for 2 seconds then returns to the live tv splash screen. Is there some configuration to get the live tv working in Emby Theater? the rest of it is very usable and quick to respond and quite functional.

A second question which is off topic is: is there a way to add my own components e.g in WMC under extras I had "Wake NAS" addin with a picture of my NAS so I could do this using the single remote and it just ran a .bat file?

Hi there, welcome. Please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue and we'll do our best to help you. Thanks !

PrincessClevage

Before I goto the extent of raising a full support case are there some basic settings that I should check?

I have tested live tv in Emby theatre from two remote clients Xboxone and a surface pro (win10) and live tv works great but it does not work on the Emby server itself (main living room)

I have checked emby setting for recorded tv and it the same network share as Serverwmc.

The only difference I can think of is the server has two nics one routable and one not routable. Does live tv stream through network when emby client is running on same hardware as emby server?

PrincessClevage

Not sure if this helps the troubleshooting efforts ( I noticed another similar larger thread ealier but can't find it again) but when I rdp to the host running emby server and emby theatre live tv works but it states some advanced features like mad rendering etc won't be available in rdp session. Live tv currently does not work using desktop/console (not rdp ) using the same windows login and same emby account and same hardware.

Edited by PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

I have found the issue with my setup. In Serverwmc I had to enable use http to stream which is in the Serverwmc configuration there is a http tab and a checkbox

• Like 1