ROC "Registration status error"

KidGixxer

KidGixxer

Im having a  little issue with ROC,

Everytime i run it i get this popup for a few seconds. (image attached)

Ive uninstalled roc, cleaned out everything related to roc in the mbc folder in ProgramData. Checked/Clear all firewall settings.

Not sure what system specs are needed.

Win7 64

MBC (beta)

MBS (beta)

post-1718-0-91721400-1389736241_thumb.jpg

leedavies

That message is usually because your Internet connection was "a little slow" checking with the Media Browser registration server online to check your licence status.

If you go into the EHS and then pretty much immediately into a collection or item, it's POSSIBLE that sometimes, the EHS/background code in ROC hasn't had enough time to get a response back from the Media Browser registration server.

As soon as ROC has a response, it doesn't need to ask the remote server again unless you quit ROC and start it up again.  You shouldn't be seeing that message midway through a browsing session - e.g if you go into a collection or watch and item, back to the EHS and then into a another collection/item, it should be impossible to get that message.

If it does appear sometimes the first time you enter a collection, just give it a few seconds and it should disappear as soon as it gets an answer on your registration status from the MB registration server.

For info, could you time the number of seconds between the EHS appearing and you going into a collection or item and then seeing that message?  Time it a few times - is it always just when you're super speedy making your selection?

Interested to know, cos it could just be a timer in ROC could be relaxed a little to give you a bit more "grace time"...

Thansk!

leedavies

Had that sshe problem yesterday when I switched from crystal to roc.

So you didn't have this message appearing when you first started up Crystal, but did when you switched to ROC?

Did it happen in ROC every time or just randomly or most of the time etc?

Very interesting if Crystal worked fine during the same time period that ROC didn't,cos that suggests there is something not quite right in ROC....

Looking forward to your response. Great info! :-)

KidGixxer

Had that sshe problem yesterday when I switched from crystal to roc.

This is the same thing with my setup.

Crystal loads just fine, Roc always gives me that popup.

(To clarify, I installed both cystal and roc at the same time. The trial on both worked fine. when the trial expired I bought them. after that i started getting the popup with roc.)

I dont think its my internet connection.

3232211178.png

I am using Marcelveldt's "MB3Launch" for entry points. if that makes a difference.

Here are the log files if it helps.

Configurator-14120142e4cdaef9e2e4a65b79c797578af0a95.log

2014-01-14 05:10:55.8518,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,
2014-01-14 05:10:55.8618,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,
2014-01-14 05:10:55.9118,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,
2014-01-14 05:10:55.9118,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,
2014-01-14 05:10:56.9218,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,
2014-01-14 05:10:56.9618,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,
2014-01-14 05:10:56.9918,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,
2014-01-14 05:10:57.0318,Error,,Error appending fonts file ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=MediaBrowser Method=AppendFonts Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.CustomResourceManager.AppendFonts(String prefix,, Byte[] stdFontResource,, Byte[] smallFontResource) ),1,

MBClassic-141201467def4347a9840b488aca1e510f7d774.log

2014-01-14 05:10:20.7587,Error,,*** TRAKT *** Init Settings: Error opening xml document to compare root node,1,Application
2014-01-14 05:10:20.8387,Error,,TRAKT->LoadSettings ( Exception.  Type=System.IO.FileNotFoundException Msg=Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Configurations\Trakt-Classic.xml'. Src=mscorlib Method=WinIOError Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode,, String maybeFullPath) [n]    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path,, FileMode mode,, FileAccess access,, Int32 rights,, Boolean useRights,, FileShare share,, Int32 bufferSize,, FileOptions options,, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs,, String msgPath,, Boolean bFromProxy) [n]    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path,, FileMode mode,, FileAccess access,, FileShare share,, Int32 bufferSize,, FileOptions options,, String msgPath,, Boolean bFromProxy) [n]    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path,, FileMode mode,, FileAccess access,, FileShare share,, Int32 bufferSize,, FileOptions options) [n]    at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path,, Encoding encoding,, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks,, Int32 bufferSize) [n]    at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path,, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks) [n]    at Trakt_Classic.Settings.LoadSettings() ),1,Application
2014-01-14 05:10:20.8387,Error,,TRAKT->LoadSettings->InnerException (  ),1,Application
2014-01-14 05:10:20.8487,Error,,TRAKT->SaveSettingsFile ( Exception.  Type=System.InvalidOperationException Msg=There was an error generating the XML document. Src=System.Xml Method=Serialize Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter,, Object o) [n]    at Trakt_Classic.Settings.SaveSettingsFile() ),1,Application
2014-01-14 05:10:20.8487,Error,,TRAKT->SaveSettingsFile->InnerException ( Exception.  Type=System.TypeInitializationException Msg=The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterTraktSettings' threw an exception. Src=w2c4vdn- Method=.ctor Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterTraktSettings..ctor() [n]    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializerContract.get_Writer() [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.InvokeWriter(XmlMapping mapping,, XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) [n]    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter,, Object o,, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces,, String encodingStyle,, String id) ),1,Application
2014-01-14 05:10:20.8887,Error,,Error getting response from http://192.168.200.2:8096/mediabrowser/Plugins/8abc6789-fde2-4705-8592-4028806fa343/Configuration?format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The remote server returned an error: (422) InvalidOperationException. Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),1,Application

Edited by KidGixxer

I too have had this problem occasionally however as you state it only happens when you are very quick to enter collections etc. To echo a previous point though, I have a 76mbps line and doesnt happen on any other theme so not sure its a connection speed problem.

newfiend

I have had that popup too from time to time with Crystal. It goes away as soon as it gets the response form the mb server. But it only happens if I try and rush it a bit by jumping too quickly into a collection in MBC.

newfiend

leedavies

Thanks for the feedback guys.  It seems clear both themes (probably all my themes actually, as they pretty much share lots of the back-end infrastructure code, like registration checking) need to be a little more chilled about timing on things like registration checking.  Right now, if the MB server, or the route too it is a little busy and takes a few seconds longer than normal to say yes you're registered, you see that message.

It should at least wait until it's tried "for long enough" to get a response before you see that message.  Certainly it should do if it knows from last time that you are a registered user!

I'll take a look in the next round of updates...

newfiend

Once the theme is purchased could you somehow code it to check for registration once and not have to ping the server each time? seems like a lot of traffic for the server every time the theme is launched. Once it's purchased maybe offer a registration key or something to each purchaser? IDK how your themes work but it would seem that once its purchased it shouldn't have to constantly check for registration.. right?

Once the theme is purchased could you somehow code it to check for registration once and not have to ping the server each time? seems like a lot of traffic for the server every time the theme is launched. Once it's purchased maybe offer a registration key or something to each purchaser? IDK how your themes work but it would seem that once its purchased it shouldn't have to constantly check for registration.. right?

All of this is handled by the server, not the individual components.  We do have an active registration process for a number of reasons, one of which is piracy (people sharing keys).  We also have a single-key system for all components which makes it easier on the user but, again, needs some sort of active validation.

If the validation cannot be confirmed, it will fall back on saved information on the server for a period of time so that you aren't left without registration when not connected to the internet.

newfiend

Thanks for the clarification ebr.. Makes sense now, Sad that people would share keys for this as IMO it is very inexpensive for the value you get out of it. The work that you all have put into this should not go unrewarded. But I also know how people are and I understand the needs for the validation from the server. Thanks to all the developers for your hard work on the MB3 project. It's come so far since the Media Center Only days.. And Thanks to Lee for all the updates to the current themes to improve them I really enjoy using MB3 and his themes.

newfiend~  

leedavies

All of this is handled by the server, not the individual components.  We do have an active registration process for a number of reasons, one of which is piracy (people sharing keys).  We also have a single-key system for all components which makes it easier on the user but, again, needs some sort of active validation.

If the validation cannot be confirmed, it will fall back on saved information on the server for a period of time so that you aren't left without registration when not connected to the internet.

Ah cool that it uses cached registration status if no Internet connection is available. Has the period of time this cached status is used without insisting in an update from the online MB registration server been documented anywhere? Or is that top secretinfo? :-)

It's top secret ;).

I think it is 30 days.  So, your server needs to be able to verify at least once a month.

leedavies

It's top secret ;).

I think it is 30 days.  So, your server needs to be able to verify at least once a month.

LOL.  Love it.

KidGixxer

I think i figured it out.

Ive been using  Marcelveldt's "MB3Launch" for entry points to go directly to my list of movies..

I made seperate profiles for each genre of movies i have. So i can go directly to that list and skip the main menu of mediabrowser.

If i go the normal root to mb then select the movie genre no popup message.

If i use a mb3launch entry point  that takes me right to a specific movie genre it give the popup message.

Edited by KidGixxer