No connection from emby app (android) to server possible

woody76
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello together.

I have a problem connecting to the emby server from outside my own lan.

The ports are open. The firewall is configured. After restarting the emby server the

connection is made until the router gets a new IP. Then I have to restart the emby server

againto make it work again.

Any ideas what to do to make it work without restarting emby?

Thanks for your input

CBers

You need to get a DDNS address so that if the router IP changes, then you still use the same URL.

You can you noip.com for a free DDNS address.

Then you might be able to add the details into your router config, or download an app from noip. Both options will automatically update the IP addressassociated with your DDNS should it change again.

I already have a ddns adress. The service runs on the synology. And all other services that use the ddns are accessible over the internet without any problems.  If I restart the emby server the app could connect to the server.

CBers

Oh man.. Sorry! Shame on me.

I'm embarrassed.

You shouldn't have to do that, I don't and I have multiple friends and family that font bit I can still connect to them via their DDNS address.

Unless there something wrong in your setup.

You shouldn't have to do that, I don't and I have multiple friends and family that font bit I can still connect to them via their DDNS address.

Unless there something wrong in your setup.

If he's using Emby Connect, then it may take a few hours for it to react to his ip address change. During that time it may seem like it's not working. So that could be it. Apart from that, you're right, this should not be necessary.