NextPVR not finding tuners

Scott D
Go to solution Solved by jeflatt,

UncleJohnsBand

Well the log earlier had 500 errors coming from the tuner status url. Maybe the Emby plugin needs to change the url that it is hitting?

The only 500 I have seen posted since I jumped into the thread is for the version check.

I just know that going directly to the API url is working from the API side.... but it is not working within Emby... so it could be something in the plugin.  This API call has not changed for a long time.

UncleJohnsBand

Does it require any specific headers?

It should be a standard Ajax call that gets a json response.... nothing out of the ordinary.

pünktchen

It should be a standard Ajax call that gets a json response.... nothing out of the ordinary.

Is the NextPVR API case sensitive?

@@Luke havn't you replaced Ajax by Fetch in Emby?

Is the NextPVR API case sensitive?

@@Luke havn't you replaced Ajax by Fetch in Emby?

He's just referring to an http request in general. ajax/fetch is strictly related to javascript.

UncleJohnsBand

He's just referring to an http request in general. ajax/fetch is strictly related to javascript.

Correct.... needs to be an http  GET request.

Ok..... lets make sure you have a good set of files for the NPVR web interface (NEWA).

Stop the NPVR service.

Delete everything in the web directory except for the Bin folder.

Then unzip this file which has all the files from the 3.7.7 release.

Restart NPVR service.

Let me know if there is any difference following the update.

Completed the above.  No change.

Emby version currently installed 3.1.158.0

NPVR 3.7.7

Attached current Emby Server log.

server-63609863797.txt

UncleJohnsBand

Completed the above.  No change.

Emby version currently installed 3.1.158.0

NPVR 3.7.7

Attached current Emby Server log.

Thanks.... this appears to be something environmental.... I can rerun the request from your fiddler file (select line and click on rerun in menu) and it works fine.

Lets try this....

Close all browsers

Stop the npvr recording service

go to program files (x86)\npvr and open a command window

enter nrecord run

Open the Emby Dashboard

Go to the Live Tv item under Extras

Send screen shot of what is appearing in the command window

In the command window hit Ctrl C to end the process.... you can then restart NPVR as normal

Thanks.... this appears to be something environmental.... I can rerun the request from your fiddler file (select line and click on rerun in menu) and it works fine.

Lets try this....

Close all browsers

enter nrecord run

Open the Emby Dashboard

In the command window hit Ctrl C to end the process.... you can then restart NPVR as normal

See attached.

post-80485-0-52522400-1474324131_thumb.jpg

Lets try this....

Close all browsers

enter nrecord run

Open the Emby Dashboard

Thought i'd do it too:

post-6412-0-38926100-1474456920_thumb.png

UncleJohnsBand

I had the same problem and here is the fix.

Hope this helps.

Ciao, Alfred

Worth a shot...as this is a really odd issue that is for sure environmental.

You could also change the npvr recording service to run as a local administrator account instead of a system account.

Plunkett

I had the same problem and here is the fix.

Hope this helps.

Ciao, Alfred

I tried the link in this thread and it shows up all the channels with no issues.

The folder described in the thread already exists.

Plunkett

Hi Guys, 

I was able to fix my issue by changing the port in NPVR and matching that in the plugin too of course.

I assume I was using a port that was reserved or in use?

I also changed the Web Server Admin password in NPVR to match the XBMC Touch Client password.

(Not to sure which one of these actually fixed it).

Now I just have an issue with Live TV playing on the Clients, just gets stuck on loading circle (Have posted over on Emby Theater forum)

Thank you all and a special thanks to UncleJohnsBand  :)

Edited by Plunkett

• 2 months later...

I cannot get any of the tuners to show up either. I have just installed the NextPVR plugin, but it doesn't seem to do anything. No tuners show. I've been trying to follow this thread, but I admit that most of it is going way over my head. I'm running NPVR version 3.9.2 and the program itself is working just fine. I can watch live TV and recordings, etc. The NextPVR plugin for EMBY is version 3.0.6137.25461. I've tried some of the links in this thread and have attached the results below. Since I'm just setting this up now, I'm hoping that I've just not done something right and this is a simple matter, but for the moment I am completely stumped.post-1770-0-78731200-1481378522_thumb.pngversion check.pdftuner status.pdf

Edited by jeflatt

UncleJohnsBand

I cannot get any of the tuners to show up either. I have just installed the NextPVR plugin, but it doesn't seem to do anything. No tuners show. I've been trying to follow this thread, but I admit that most of it is going way over my head. I'm running NPVR version 3.9.2 and the program itself is working just fine. I can watch live TV and recordings, etc. The NextPVR plugin for EMBY is version 3.0.6137.25461. I've tried some of the links in this thread and have attached the results below. Since I'm just setting this up now, I'm hoping that I've just not done something right and this is a simple matter, but for the moment I am completely stumped.attachicon.gifemby live tv screen.pngattachicon.gifversion check.pdfattachicon.giftuner status.pdf

What is the date on your:  Users\Public\NPVR\web\App_Code\UtilServiceController.cs  file?

Edit:  Try replacing that file with the attached version....  Stop your recording service, extract this file into that location, start your recording service.  Check to see if you now get your tuner status and also then post the Users\Public\NPVR\Logs\web.log file.

UtilServiceController.zip

Edited by UncleJohnsBand

What is the date on your:  Users\Public\NPVR\web\App_Code\UtilServiceController.cs  file?

Edit:  Try replacing that file with the attached version....  Stop your recording service, extract this file into that location, start your recording service.  Check to see if you now get your tuner status and also then post the Users\Public\NPVR\Logs\web.log file.

Still no change. Here are the web.log files.web.log

[Edit] Okay, there has been one change. The version check and status check have different results now. I've attached them as well.

tuner status 2.pdfversion check 2.pdf

Edited by jeflatt

UncleJohnsBand

Still no change. Here are the web.log files.attachicon.gifweb.log

[Edit] Okay, there has been one change. The version check and status check have different results now. I've attached them as well.

attachicon.giftuner status 2.pdfattachicon.gifversion check 2.pdf

yea....that's odd... nothing changed there.... have you rebooted?  If not give that a go. 

If you reboot(ed) and still having this issue....then stop the recording service, delete the web directory and then unzip this.....it has everything that should be in the web directory and when you restart the recording service it should pull in all the dll's from npvr it needs.

• Like 1

yea....that's odd... nothing changed there.... have you rebooted?  If not give that a go. 

If you reboot(ed) and still having this issue....then stop the recording service, delete the web directory and then unzip this.....it has everything that should be in the web directory and when you restart the recording service it should pull in all the dll's from npvr it needs.

Everything is still exactly the same after trying all of that. I've attached the version check, status check, etc. It is interesting that before I started trying these fixes, the version check failed, but the tuner status was fine. Also when I navigate to HTTP:\\localhost:8866 it used to take me to the guide. Now I get an error. I've attached that error screen as well.

post-1770-0-86450100-1481466344_thumb.pngNPVR Port 3.pdfversion check 3.pdftuner status 3.pdf

• Solution

@jefaltt Those errors indicate a failed upgrade of NextPVR. Download the installer again and rerun it. Martin

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! That did the trick. Problem solved.