NextPVR not finding tuners

Scott D
Go to solution Solved by jeflatt,

Scott D
I need a little help in resolving an issue with NextPVR.  Everything had been working with no issue until recently. 

Configuration (working):
Hauppauge Tuners – HVR-950 and Win TV Dual HD.
NPVR version 3.6.6
Emby NextPVR addon 3.0.5818.38096

Problems occurred with the automatic update of NPVR to version 3.7.7 or the automatic update of NextPVR to 3.0.5873.40837.  I’m not sure which caused the problem, but I am thinking something in NPVR.

I've tried rolling back both to prior versions.  Still same problem.  Currently running most recent versions of both.

Attached is the log file (Server NextPVR error.txt) entries indicating the problem.

In running a command line I receive the error in (Command Line error.txt).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I don’t use the Live Tv option often, but I sure miss it when it doesn’t work.

Thanks for any assistance.

Server NextPVR error.txt

Command Line error.txt

Hi, the first thing you'll want to do is ensure the next pvr software is fully operational and displays all tuners like you would expect. Until you've verified that it will not work on the Emby side.

Hi Guys,
looks like im having the same issue.

NPVR Version 3.7.7

TV HAUPPAUGE WinTV HVR 1300 (DVB-T & analog, PCI)

* NPVR is working with the native client as well in the webinterface
* Choosing different variants for the "NextPVR base url:"
** http://localhost:8866
** http://127.0.0.1:8866
** http://*servername*:8866
** http://*serverip*:8866

* trying different ports
* Deactivted windows firewall
* deactivated ipv6
* Double checked settings multiple times (Pin, port etc)

This looks like the interesting part

2016-09-07 20:08:49.8716 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://localhost:8866/public/Util/NPVR/VersionCheck?sid=3635f98399ce457db00b91d001a92fe9
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.139.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten.
	System.AggregateException
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1d.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zur�ckgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler.
	   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   bei System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-09-07 20:08:49.8716 Error App: Error getting service status info from Next Pvr
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.139.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1d.MoveNext()
	--- Ende der Stapel�berwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgel�st wurde ---
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
	--- Ende der Stapel�berwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgel�st wurde ---
	   bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
	   bei MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.LiveTvService.<GetStatusInfoAsync>d__cc.MoveNext()
	   bei MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetServiceInfo>d__24b.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.AggregateException
	   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zur�ckgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler.
	   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   bei System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

server-63608875708.txt.txt

Edited by motey

Still in need of assistance.

I have been trying to identify a solution to the problem listed above.  A few more things I would like to add to hopefully come up with a correction:

I installed and configured Kodi to see if the NPVR backend was working.  After installation and configuration (all defaults) the program guide populated and I was able to begin viewing Live TV within Kodi.  So it appears the backend is doing what it should.

Emby log is reporting - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Update:

Uninstalled NextPVR from Emby.  Rebooted machine.  Checked operation in Kodi and all is working.  Reinstalled NextPVR in Emby and tested.  Still getting (500) error and no tuners available.

Edited by Scott D

Hey, 

I am also having issues.

2 x Hauppauge WIN TV Dual TV Tuners.

Emby Premier subscription (If that makes a difference to live tv working or not?)

NextPVR working fine and displays Live T.V on server side, as do Client PCs using NextPVR running as a client.

Kodi add-on for NextPVR also working fine (Currently running this setup on all clients with Emby for Kodi Addon).

NextPVR add-on set up on Emby Server correctly but no devices shown under Emby Server option Live TV>Device.

I really want to move over to Emby Theatre Client as I love the simplicity of use. But can't until I can sort out Live TV for the Kids.

I am using latest versions of Emby Server, Emby Client (Even tried install from Windows Store), NextPVR - emby server addon and NextPVR Backend.

PS: Really looking forward to Emby Having Photo Screen Saver and Skins absolutely love you work.

If you want to post your log, I can at least check if your log has the same error as Motey above.

Edited by sub3

PenkethBoy

A new user of LiveTV - i have NextPvr 3.7.7 and the 3.0.5873.40837  with a Hauppauge WinTv Dual HD tuner and LiveTV is working (mostly) but i am on the latest Dev build 3.1.6100.23091 - which might make a differnce

the thing i found to get it working with Emby was after you have the NEXTPvr software working - i.e. tvguide and recordings work

is to go to the settings>clients page and check allow remote access - its not checked by default

give emby a channel refresh and things start working

one thing i found is that if you edit settings via the service icon in the system try they mess up the settings for plugins - i.e. if you change the plugin options outside the NextPvr software they are not picked up when you next run the software - so tend to go missing - and if say the tvguide plugin is not loaded then emby cant find the info

one other thing i changed was the admin password on the settings>clients page - not sure this changed anything apart from logging into the NextPvr web client "http://localhost:8866/Guide2.aspx"config option top right

hopefully one of those options might work for you

If you open the following URL in your browser, what do you get?

http://localhost:8866/public/Util/NPVR/VersionCheck?sid=3635f98399ce457db00b91d001a92fe9

This is the call that seems to be failing in your log.

Attached are a few logs and screenshots.  If I can provide any further information, let me know.

Browser Link Error.txt

Emby Server Log.txt

post-80485-0-96896800-1473950842_thumb.jpg

post-80485-0-31172100-1473950843_thumb.jpg

post-80485-0-85653000-1473950843_thumb.jpg

post-80485-0-32123900-1473950844_thumb.jpg

post-80485-0-79182600-1473950844_thumb.jpg

post-80485-0-96067900-1473951734_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott D

A new user of LiveTV - i have NextPvr 3.7.7 and the 3.0.5873.40837  with a Hauppauge WinTv Dual HD tuner and LiveTV is working (mostly) but i am on the latest Dev build 3.1.6100.23091 - which might make a differnce

the thing i found to get it working with Emby was after you have the NEXTPvr software working - i.e. tvguide and recordings work

is to go to the settings>clients page and check allow remote access - its not checked by default

give emby a channel refresh and things start working

one thing i found is that if you edit settings via the service icon in the system try they mess up the settings for plugins - i.e. if you change the plugin options outside the NextPvr software they are not picked up when you next run the software - so tend to go missing - and if say the tvguide plugin is not loaded then emby cant find the info

one other thing i changed was the admin password on the settings>clients page - not sure this changed anything apart from logging into the NextPvr web client "http://localhost:8866/Guide2.aspx"config option top right

hopefully one of those options might work for you

Already tried this stuff multiple times, didn't help.

If you open the following URL in your browser, what do you get?

http://localhost:8866/public/Util/NPVR/VersionCheck?sid=3635f98399ce457db00b91d001a92fe9

This is the call that seems to be failing in your log.

post-4325-0-99856200-1473952219_thumb.png

You think this is a NPVR issue?

After watching a few more things going on behind the scenes, this is an update to my original post.

Seems the NPVR backend is working, as it functions on a stand-alone basis.  Tuners are all working as I can open 3 windows playing individual programming.

Based on the log files (and what I can understand) Emby is seeing the NPVR and is attepting to transcode the stream.  It does this for about 30 seconds.  It is creating files in the transcoding-temp directory.  Then the error pops up indicating there is an error in the playback.  Once the error occurs, the transcode files are deleted and the logging stops.

And the story continues - I just tried Chrome and streaming is working just fine.  So must be an issue with Edge.

Emby is still not reporting any tuners on the Live TV/Devices tab.

post-80485-0-44134600-1473953265_thumb.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-95535288-a380-4fde-9dce-d10ff1f863c2.txt

server-63609524281.txt

post-80485-0-62529000-1473953266_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott D

Already tried this stuff multiple times, didn't help.

attachicon.gifnpvrcall.PNG

You think this is a NPVR issue?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'd probably need one of the Emby guys to interpret their logs for me. I can only really help on the NextPVR side of things, but they'd have to give me some clues what they're having problems with on the Emby side of things.

That /public/Util/NPVR/VersionCheck URL result above doesn't look correct. I've had to ask UJB why that might be - waiting to hear back from him.

Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with that API, since it's not default API I supply.

Edited by sub3

UncleJohnsBand

I am trying to deciphier what all errors are reported in this thread...

I see posts by Scott D, Motey and Plunkett.

I know each is having issues between Emby and NPVR... but I think they are different issues.

I see Scott D's latest post indicates things are working in Chrome....except no tunners are showing.

For the version check:

This is the correct URL: http://localhost:8866/public/Util/NPVR/VersionCheck/

If you are on your server and access this URL and do not see a result similar to this then it is failing.

{
  "versionCheck": {
    "upgradeAvailable": false,
    "onlineVer": "3.7.7",
    "downloadURL": "http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?58284-3-7-7-available-(27th-Jun)http://www.nextpvr.com/NPVRSetup_3_7_7.exe",
    "serverVer": "3.7.7"
  }
}

​If you are getting an error can you fire up start a browser, fire up Fiddler 4, then re-execute the call to the url and then save and post your Fiddler log as well as the web.log from the npvr server.

Same deal for tuner status....

This is the correct tuner status check: http://localhost:8866/public/Util/tuner/stat/

A valid return should look like this

{
  "Tuners": [
    {
      "tunerName": "Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 10143F3B-1:1",
      "tunerStatus": "Sleeping",
      "recordings": [],
      "liveTV": []
    }
  ]
}

If you are getting an error can you fire up start a browser, fire up Fiddler 4, then re-execute the call to the url and then save and post your Fiddler log as well as the web.log from the npvr server.

Edited by UncleJohnsBand

UJB,

Attached are the results of the two links you provided above. 

I am just now installing Fiddler and getting comfortable with it.  Once I have a handle on it and the logs it creates I will post them here.  Prior to this experience, I never even heard of Fiddler.  Something new to learn.

Thanks for your assistance.

I've added the web.log from NPVR.  I had to zip the .saz file as the Forum would not allow for direct upload.  I hope this helps.

Tuner Status.txt

Version Check Results.txt

Session.zip

web.log

Edited by Scott D

UncleJohnsBand

UJB,

I am just now installing Fiddler and getting comfortable with it.  Once I have a handle on it and the logs it creates I will post them here.  Prior to this experience, I never even heard of Fiddler.  Something new to learn.

I've added the web.log from NPVR.  I had to zip the .saz file as the Forum would not allow for direct upload.  I hope this helps.

Your tuner results look fine.....  is the tuner status still not showing in Emby or is that now working for you?

For the version check....   does this url come up for you when you are on your server?  http://www.nextpvr.com/version.xml

I too have not seen my 3 tuners in the Live TV /Devices for some weeks, I'm on the latest Beta. All other tabs on this page are working OK.

Sent from my Sony Z3

UncleJohnsBand

UJB,

Your tuner results look fine.....  is the tuner status still not showing in Emby or is that now working for you?

For the version check....   does this url come up for you when you are on your server?  http://www.nextpvr.com/version.xml

Attached is the result of http://www.nextpvr.com/version.xml

Tuner status is still not showing up in Emby Live TV Tab.

Currently running 3.1.153.0

I too have not seen my 3 tuners in the Live TV /Devices for some weeks, I'm on the latest Beta. All other tabs on this page are working OK.

Sent from my Sony Z3

Luke.....based on this I think the tuner status issue is on the Emby side....return from the API is returning the tuner status info.  If there is something in the Emby logs that you can tell me points to an API issue I can take a look....but as of now I don't see any issue on the NPVR side for the tuner status.

UncleJohnsBand

Attached is the result of http://www.nextpvr.com/version.xml

Tuner status is still not showing up in Emby Live TV Tab.

Currently running 3.1.153.0

Ok..... lets make sure you have a good set of files for the NPVR web interface (NEWA).

Stop the NPVR service.

Delete everything in the web directory except for the Bin folder.

Then unzip this file which has all the files from the 3.7.7 release.

Restart NPVR service.

Let me know if there is any difference following the update.

Well the log earlier had 500 errors coming from the tuner status url. Maybe the Emby plugin needs to change the url that it is hitting?