emby media player/gen metadata/viewing of media

modd

Hi;

if i could ask why do we need emby to be a player as well as I see this being more of a server app for users of  Kodi,MediaCenter, etc.

While I know this function just sits in the back a way to turn that off in later build would be nice.

Next I notice not all folders show up in emby that I created for media I'd like to have photo storage and serving from it but this folder while empty now will be filled.

I created it in emby server but it does not show up in  kodi /photo/upnp (is this why folder path renaming is an option?).

Also movies folder is showing when i add tv shows to tv option i would like for this not to happen if anyone has a way to do this please write back.

I may be being  a bit of a pest here with this as i'm so use to  kodi  way of seeing my media  and would like it that way if i go to music before  i use to see this:

folders

david

joe

misc music(odds and ends media files)

same for movies and tv i find this very easy to get use too.

now i know emby adds the options to list by  other factors and it is nice but that should be an internal sorting aided by meta data addons added by media taging  and the gui,

and the option to see your media by folder should be presented as well by default.

I'm sorry if this sounds like i'm griping against the  programs design choices but i'm not . I understand that maybe this is better for android based players etc. An as with all opensource apps choice it the core part of the games. but once again  choice can be a hampering as well as a gift. look at all the distros that die and spring up to do the same thing . why rewrite the  whole wheel when you can just add that option to a base feature.

K.I.S.S is still a design rule of thumb if all of us worked this way maybe we would have more of a base that not only offered choice freedom etc  but also offered a platform that  was easy to release once  run everywhere. 

I have simple needs as a user :

it has to be easy to install why i choose deb distro after doing the distro hop for years.

I have to want to learn your app as it fills a void i don't have in the base function  of my  apps of choice.

I need it to be light on my system if it can be done.

Emby  fills most of this  as does Kodi,Mint etc these are my choices you choose yours cause it fits you.

While we all would love the speed of a source base distro as of yet  we choose what we choose and go from there.

I would love a base that works like mint and  builds like arch based  but as yet  not here  for me.

sorry for the rant  maybe it's cause I love to review stuff who knows . 

Edited by modd

Sorry for the misspell from hell post I fixed it . omg that was bad. proof read  much do we????

anyway thank you for this app i use it on a mint18 desktop with 2 drives one the os and one my files.

an i stated amd dual core before  my mess up it's a intel core2dual e4500 with 3gig ram.