#41 swhitmore OFFLINE  

swhitmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2686 posts
  • Local time: 05:16 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:24 AM

Content with PCM sound is transcoding video and audio.  Equivalent movies with DTS-HD and TrueHD both direct stream with some form of audio conversion, possibly by the xbox itself, as my receiver gets DTS.

Xbox remote support is a must though the dpad, select, and back buttons work now.

I scrolled quickly through the letter selection in my movies list and once it scrolled past the available images it never did fender them.  I'm looking at a screen almost devoid of posters and it's had at least ten minutes to catch up.

Have you setup the Xbox to pass-through?

Edited by swhitmore, 08 September 2016 - 12:24 AM.

• CBers likes this

#42 chef ONLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4246 posts
  • Local time: 04:16 PM
  • LocationPeterborough, Canada

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:20 AM

My first experince with the Xbox Emby theatre has been great so far!

The resume features aren't yet working as stated above in other threads, but.... And I'm not sure if this is my eyes playing tricks on me.... The picture that is on my tv seems of higher quality then when I am using the playto features through DLNA.

Narcos looks amazing! All those images of Columbia are beautiful!

#43 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15307 posts
  • Local time: 09:16 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

And I'm not sure if this is my eyes playing tricks on me.... The picture that is on my tv seems of higher quality then when I am using the playto features through DLNA.

I watched the last double episode of ZOO last night on the Xbox and also thought the PQ was better than through the Shield TV, even though they're both plugged into the same TV !!

Does the xbox upscale ??

#44 Deathsquirrel OFFLINE  

Deathsquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2044 posts
  • Local time: 01:16 PM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:13 PM

Xbox does passthrough now?  I'll root around in the settings tonight and check it out.  When I set it up your choices were pretty limited.

--edit--Just checked and right below you set your HDMI output to bitstream, the xbox asks what your bitstream format will be.  Your options are dts and dolby surround.  If there is a way to get unprocessed sound through this machine I'm not seeing it.  Back when it came out I looked into it and it didn't appear to be possible unless playing a disc.

Edited by Deathsquirrel, 08 September 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#45 Bert OFFLINE  

Bert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

My live TV isn't working, is this a known issue? It produces black screen and basically crashes the app.

#46 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

After some initial testing I did realize that the harmony and media center remotes do work but only for the buttons that are mapped to the controller. Stick navigation works as it is mapped to the directional buttons. "Ok" works as it is mapped to the "a" button. But all other buttons do not work like fast forward, rewind, pause, and play. Also I hope that it won't be too much of a challenge to get cortana working with it as well. That would be sweet... voice search, pause and play would be great for starters.
  • BAS likes this

#47 Xzener OFFLINE  

Xzener

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 3112 posts
  • LocationLemoore, CA

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

Just checked on my Xbox, there is no option for passthrough. Only bitsteaming.

#48 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146229 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:18 PM

My live TV isn't working, is this a known issue? It produces black screen and basically crashes the app.

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. Please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue, and we'll do our best to help  you. Thanks!

• dtseb likes this

#49 swhitmore OFFLINE  

swhitmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2686 posts
  • Local time: 05:16 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:30 PM

Just checked on my Xbox, there is no option for passthrough. Only bitsteaming.

Aren't they the same thing? I guess passthrough refers to video as well, but that's the option I was thinking of.

#50 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146229 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:34 PM

As far as I know they're the same.

#51 Deathsquirrel OFFLINE  

Deathsquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2044 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:41 PM

They're the same except the xbox routes all sound, except disc tracks it seems, through a sound processor so true bitstreaming isn't likely possible, or at least not allowed.  It sounds pretty good though so I can live with it I think.

• Xzener likes this

#52 LASooner OFFLINE  

LASooner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Local time: 02:16 PM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:15 AM

After some initial testing I did realize that the harmony and media center remotes do work but only for the buttons that are mapped to the controller. Stick navigation works as it is mapped to the directional buttons. "Ok" works as it is mapped to the "a" button. But all other buttons do not work like fast forward, rewind, pause, and play. Also I hope that it won't be too much of a challenge to get cortana working with it as well. That would be sweet... voice search, pause and play would be great for starters.

I would bet that if they get the media remote functions working, Cortana will probably work because I'm sure it's functionality is tied to those media control commands.

#53 chef ONLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4246 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

The speech recognition engine/API for Xbox can be accessed trough JavaScript by enclosing each item in certain tags. I remember watching a podcast by MS when the speech technology first came out for Xbox one. They have made it quite simple to tag each item for speech, and enable the highlights on screen. I wish I could remember the podcast I watched ( it was literally about the API). But I'm sure this is no surprise to the main developers for the emby Xbox app.

It was a /Build/ conference back in 2014/15....

Edited by chef, 09 September 2016 - 08:17 AM.

#54 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15307 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:00 PM

Luke - any update when RESUME not working will be fixed please?

Just wondering on timescale please.

Thanks.

#55 Xzener OFFLINE  

Xzener

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 3112 posts
  • LocationLemoore, CA

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

As far as I know they're the same.

If that's the case, it's not passing through audio for my receiver to properly decode to the respective audio type (DTS HD and TrueHD). But I do agree with Deathsquirrel, it does sound good.

#56 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146229 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

Well that's because the Emby app is not allowing direct play of those formats. I didn't think the device supported it. Or rather, didn't think it exposed it for use for all apps.

#57 chef ONLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4246 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

@CBers, resume is working for me on my Xbox.

Edited by chef, 09 September 2016 - 04:44 PM.

• CBers and SikSlayer like this

#58 chef ONLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4246 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

Is the main emby tile on the Xbox home screen suppose to be smaller then the highlight panel? Adding a border which is the color of my Xbox home screen around the emby tile (the one with the fancy tv mounted on the wall with the green emby play star overlay).

Edited by chef, 09 September 2016 - 04:51 PM.

#59 moviefan OFFLINE  

moviefan

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

Well that's because the Emby app is not allowing direct play of those formats. I didn't think the device supported it. Or rather, didn't think it exposed it for use for all apps.

XB1 does not support DTS audio output for videos unfortunately.  This has been a FR on the XB1 forums since early 2014 with nearly 2000 votes and no update to this day.

I'm not sure how DeathSquirrel is seeing direct streaming.  Is this just in the log?  Anything I play with DTS audio shows that it is being transcoded. 

#60 moviefan OFFLINE  

moviefan

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

Resume doesn't work - playback starts at the beginning.

Yah it seems like Emby remembers the saved state of the file as I can see the position I stopped playing in the web client, but there is no resume button available.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theater, xbox one, bugs, playback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users