Emby Theater Xbox One app few issues

BAS

Deathsquirrel

They're the same except the xbox routes all sound, except disc tracks it seems, through a sound processor so true bitstreaming isn't likely possible, or at least not allowed.  It sounds pretty good though so I can live with it I think.

• Like 1

LASooner

After some initial testing I did realize that the harmony and media center remotes do work but only for the buttons that are mapped to the controller. Stick navigation works as it is mapped to the directional buttons. "Ok" works as it is mapped to the "a" button. But all other buttons do not work like fast forward, rewind, pause, and play. Also I hope that it won't be too much of a challenge to get cortana working with it as well. That would be sweet... voice search, pause and play would be great for starters.

I would bet that if they get the media remote functions working, Cortana will probably work because I'm sure it's functionality is tied to those media control commands.

The speech recognition engine/API for Xbox can be accessed trough JavaScript by enclosing each item in certain tags. I remember watching a podcast by MS when the speech technology first came out for Xbox one. They have made it quite simple to tag each item for speech, and enable the highlights on screen. I wish I could remember the podcast I watched ( it was literally about the API). But I'm sure this is no surprise to the main developers for the emby Xbox app.

It was a /Build/ conference back in 2014/15....

Edited by chef

CBers

Luke - any update when RESUME not working will be fixed please?

Just wondering on timescale please.

Thanks.

Xzener

As far as I know they're the same.

If that's the case, it's not passing through audio for my receiver to properly decode to the respective audio type (DTS HD and TrueHD). But I do agree with Deathsquirrel, it does sound good.

Well that's because the Emby app is not allowing direct play of those formats. I didn't think the device supported it. Or rather, didn't think it exposed it for use for all apps.

Is the main emby tile on the Xbox home screen suppose to be smaller then the highlight panel? Adding a border which is the color of my Xbox home screen around the emby tile (the one with the fancy tv mounted on the wall with the green emby play star overlay).

Edited by chef

moviefan

Well that's because the Emby app is not allowing direct play of those formats. I didn't think the device supported it. Or rather, didn't think it exposed it for use for all apps.

XB1 does not support DTS audio output for videos unfortunately.  This has been a FR on the XB1 forums since early 2014 with nearly 2000 votes and no update to this day.

I'm not sure how DeathSquirrel is seeing direct streaming.  Is this just in the log?  Anything I play with DTS audio shows that it is being transcoded. 

moviefan

Resume doesn't work - playback starts at the beginning.

Yah it seems like Emby remembers the saved state of the file as I can see the position I stopped playing in the web client, but there is no resume button available.

Deathsquirrel

XB1 does not support DTS audio output for videos unfortunately.  This has been a FR on the XB1 forums since early 2014 with nearly 2000 votes and no update to this day.

I'm not sure how DeathSquirrel is seeing direct streaming.  Is this just in the log?  Anything I play with DTS audio shows that it is being transcoded. 

Dunno, that's just what it shows in the admin console for that session when I play something.  I tested it with the 7illusions app, which has the same playback engine, and I get the same claim in the server UI but that client clearly says it's transcoding the audio to AC3.

Yah it seems like Emby remembers the saved state of the file as I can see the position I stopped playing in the web client, but there is no resume button available.

Press PLAY and you get the option to start at the RESUME point or the START.

• Like 1

sluggo45

Navigation even with the controller isn't very good. Especially when transcoding, and it seems to transcode a lot.

There's no chapter selection even, like with other Emby apps (Android TV, etc.). All I can do really is play and skip forward 15 seconds at a time and it's very jerky. More noticeable at the moment because resume doesn't seem to be working so I'm always trying to move ahead to where I was, at least for content I have tried. 

Overall this isn't very friendly to use and is a big step back from other platform apps. Hoping it improves. The Plex Xbone client is better by a long shot at the moment. Or maybe I am missing an option somewhere that improves navigation?

sluggo45

It supports both controller and media remote input.

Maybe I don't understand how it works then. For example, with the controller how can I skip chapters? I'm assuming if I can figure that out I can get my Harmony 650 to do the same.

Also are there any plans for chapter viewing/skip like in other clients, such as Android TV? Where you can view the chapter images that the server extracts. I find that to be extremely handy. It would be even handier if it worked like the Plex & Roku client where skipping forward actually showed the thumbnails but I get it if that is too complicated for other clients. 

I notice there's a way to view chapter images even in the HTML client (though it isn't as user friendly/obvious as with the Android client) so is there some reason this client can't?

Edited by sluggo45

• 1 month later...
moviefan

It appears that XB1 is gaining bitstreaming support in one of the next updates:  http://www.whathifi.com/news/xbox-one-to-get-bitstream-audio-and-dolby-atmos-support

woohoo!

Edited by moviefan

• 2 months later...
YoShiiro

Hi,

I don't know if i'm in the right thread but i got some issues with the Xbox One app.

When i use this movue mediainfo movie.txt i can view it throught Web Navigator on my computer or with the Android APP.

But when i try to view it through the Emby Theater apps on Xbox one, the movie not loading.it's like the apps are freezing i can't do anything only coming back on Xbox One dashboard & kille the APP. I've test with the Edge navigator on Xbox one, and the movie loading and working, but sometimes stopping and i have to reload it.

Did you have any idea what could be the problem ? Or can i give you some logs or things like that ?

Thanks in advance

mediainfo movie.txt

Hi,

I don't know if i'm in the right thread but i got some issues with the Xbox One app.

When i use this movue i can view it throught Web Navigator on my computer or with the Android APP.

But when i try to view it through the Emby Theater apps on Xbox one, the movie not loading.it's like the apps are freezing i can't do anything only coming back on Xbox One dashboard & kille the APP. I've test with the Edge navigator on Xbox one, and the movie loading and working, but sometimes stopping and i have to reload it.

Did you have any idea what could be the problem ? Or can i give you some logs or things like that ?

Thanks in advance

Hi there @@YoShiiro, we're sorry to hear about this. In order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• Like 1

YoShiiro

Hi @@Luke,

I provide you the log file of yesterday say me if you need more logs like ffmep remux or if you need i do specific test to give you more information.

Thanks in advance ;).

server.log