Emby Theater Xbox One app few issues

BAS

Haha, no resume meant it wasnt resuming the video on tv stuff but does on movies. The scenes etc is a preference in the app, you have to turn them on to see them and test it. With them on and visible, the scenes function doesnt work on tv content for me starts at beginning, but scenes do work on movies.

MSattler

I'm only seeing the flash while it's transcoding. Direct play is fine. As for the remote, if you're using a harmony, can you just map those buttons accordingly?

So you are getting things to direct play?

Everything I try is transcoding to 10Mbps.  And the Xbone is hardwired.

MSattler

So you are getting things to direct play?

Everything I try is transcoding to 10Mbps.  And the Xbone is hardwired.

Ooooo I'm up to 14.4Mbps now.  Xbone ET is set to 60Mbps, tried Auto too.

• Like 1

CBers

Chapters/scenes don't work for me on Movies either.

If you let it play (from the beginning) the audio us echoing and it's impossible to stop playback.

MSattler

I mean 14.4 Mbps? Where did it say that?

In the Dashboard:  Transcoding (98 fps) - 14.3 Mbps mkv h264 ac3

Log shows this: 

B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe -ss 00:16:43.530 -fflags +genpts -c:v h264_qsv  -i file:"\\tower2\bluray\Pele - Birth of a Legend\Pele - Birth of a Legend.mkv" -ss 00:00:01.000 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_qsv -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*5)" -preset 7 -look_ahead 0 -b:v 13552000 -maxrate 13552000 -bufsize 27104000 -vsync -1 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -codec:a:0 ac3 -ac 6 -ab 448000 -af "aresample=async=1" -y "B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\transcoding-temp\f3af43b32089cbf6d393876a31e1ec98.mkv"

In the Dashboard:  Transcoding (98 fps) - 14.3 Mbps mkv h264 ac3

Log shows this: 

B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe -ss 00:16:43.530 -fflags +genpts -c:v h264_qsv  -i file:"\\tower2\bluray\Pele - Birth of a Legend\Pele - Birth of a Legend.mkv" -ss 00:00:01.000 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_qsv -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*5)" -preset 7 -look_ahead 0 -b:v 13552000 -maxrate 13552000 -bufsize 27104000 -vsync -1 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -codec:a:0 ac3 -ac 6 -ab 448000 -af "aresample=async=1" -y "B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\transcoding-temp\f3af43b32089cbf6d393876a31e1ec98.mkv"

Can you do a quick test without qsv? i want to see if it exceeds 14.0. Thanks.

MSattler

Can you do a quick test without qsv? i want to see if it exceeds 14.0. Thanks.

With it turned off the display shows anywhere from 4-7Mbps and it keeps changing.

This is the command line:

B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -i file:"\\tower\familymovies2\Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008)\Journey to the Center of The earth.mkv" -ss 00:00:01.000 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*5)" -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -b:v 13360000 -maxrate 13360000 -bufsize 26720000 -vsync -1 -profile:v high -level 41 -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -codec:a:0 copy -y "B:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\transcoding-temp\e2b8109cd720d322df40b1b6d0fe5160.mkv"

Thanks, I was just curious. When a client asks for a certain amount, it's usually not a good thing when the server exceeds that. Looks like it's limited to qsv, although i'll have to see if it needs some other param.

AndyBak
  • Tried a movie that always froze at a certain point a few minutes into it and it played without issue.
  • What I've tried so far seems to be direct playing.
  • Faster and more responsive than the Edge client.

Impressed.  B)

I'm glad to hear that. If you're wondering why the app is capped at 14mbps, it's because the issues we saw with the web version made me a little hesitant to allow high bitrates. It's not an issue of network performance but more about what the video player is capable of handling. The more I see positive reports such as this the more I will continue to increase it, and if it gets to a certain point then I'll just remove it.

Deathsquirrel

Content with PCM sound is transcoding video and audio.  Equivalent movies with DTS-HD and TrueHD both direct stream with some form of audio conversion, possibly by the xbox itself, as my receiver gets DTS.

Xbox remote support is a must though the dpad, select, and back buttons work now.

I scrolled quickly through the letter selection in my movies list and once it scrolled past the available images it never did fender them.  I'm looking at a screen almost devoid of posters and it's had at least ten minutes to catch up.

swhitmore

Content with PCM sound is transcoding video and audio.  Equivalent movies with DTS-HD and TrueHD both direct stream with some form of audio conversion, possibly by the xbox itself, as my receiver gets DTS.

Xbox remote support is a must though the dpad, select, and back buttons work now.

I scrolled quickly through the letter selection in my movies list and once it scrolled past the available images it never did fender them.  I'm looking at a screen almost devoid of posters and it's had at least ten minutes to catch up.

Have you setup the Xbox to pass-through?

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

My first experince with the Xbox Emby theatre has been great so far!

The resume features aren't yet working as stated above in other threads, but.... And I'm not sure if this is my eyes playing tricks on me.... The picture that is on my tv seems of higher quality then when I am using the playto features through DLNA.

Narcos looks amazing! All those images of Columbia are beautiful!

CBers

And I'm not sure if this is my eyes playing tricks on me.... The picture that is on my tv seems of higher quality then when I am using the playto features through DLNA.

I watched the last double episode of ZOO last night on the Xbox and also thought the PQ was better than through the Shield TV, even though they're both plugged into the same TV !!

Does the xbox upscale ??

Deathsquirrel

Xbox does passthrough now?  I'll root around in the settings tonight and check it out.  When I set it up your choices were pretty limited.

--edit--Just checked and right below you set your HDMI output to bitstream, the xbox asks what your bitstream format will be.  Your options are dts and dolby surround.  If there is a way to get unprocessed sound through this machine I'm not seeing it.  Back when it came out I looked into it and it didn't appear to be possible unless playing a disc.

Edited by Deathsquirrel

Scott310

After some initial testing I did realize that the harmony and media center remotes do work but only for the buttons that are mapped to the controller. Stick navigation works as it is mapped to the directional buttons. "Ok" works as it is mapped to the "a" button. But all other buttons do not work like fast forward, rewind, pause, and play. Also I hope that it won't be too much of a challenge to get cortana working with it as well. That would be sweet... voice search, pause and play would be great for starters.

• Like 1

Xzener

Just checked on my Xbox, there is no option for passthrough. Only bitsteaming.

swhitmore

Just checked on my Xbox, there is no option for passthrough. Only bitsteaming.

Aren't they the same thing? I guess passthrough refers to video as well, but that's the option I was thinking of.