Split TV Episode Naming Standard

regid

On 11/11/2019 at 1:28 PM, misterkoat said:

I have 3 shows 10 episodes each, each episode split into 4 parts, each part with synced subtitles. Using MKVToolNix,arranging and multiplexing one episode takes fives minutes. Do the math.

We apologize but the above is an extremely unusual situation.  We don't have immediate resources dedicated to this at this time.

• 1 month later...
mcgeefamily5185

I have been looking for an answer, and it seems Emby is just another messed up server.  I moved over to Emby because Plex was having a hard time with my Asian series, it will not play, would stop every time you select subs and was not seeing the splits anymore on the TV app. Emby no problem with subs but problems with splits. I  like your guys layout, reminds me of Kodi, and I love that your settings section, it is way better than most servers. But the fact that  your only suggestion for splits in 2019/2020/2021 is  to combine, your nuts and not a good server.  80% of my media is from Asia the rest is West. Subtitles are the biggest problem with these servers and the splits. (Dont tell me to get another NAS, I have many that are powerful).  I do notice that these servers seem to have problems with Asian content way more than they do western ones. And if you have been accumulating data since middle school (AOL days), I do not have the time to combine over 20TB  of data and to make sure the srt files are synced with the file. you got to be crapping me. 

If a simple media player on a computer can play the split files correctly and effortless  than a program that some kids created in his mother's basement should be able to, too.  

misterkoat
11 hours ago, mcgeefamily5185 said:

I have been looking for an answer, and it seems Emby is just another messed up server.  I moved over to Emby because Plex was having a hard time with my Asian series, it will not play, would stop every time you select subs and was not seeing the splits anymore on the TV app. Emby no problem with subs but problems with splits. I  like your guys layout, reminds me of Kodi, and I love that your settings section, it is way better than most servers. But the fact that  your only suggestion for splits in 2019/2020/2021 is  to combine, your nuts and not a good server.  80% of my media is from Asia the rest is West. Subtitles are the biggest problem with these servers and the splits. (Dont tell me to get another NAS, I have many that are powerful).  I do notice that these servers seem to have problems with Asian content way more than they do western ones. And if you have been accumulating data since middle school (AOL days), I do not have the time to combine over 20TB  of data and to make sure the srt files are synced with the file. you got to be crapping me. 

If a simple media player on a computer can play the split files correctly and effortless  than a program that some kids created in his mother's basement should be able to, too.  

While  I do get your frustration, (I have a lot of GMMTV and LINE TV shows) there was no need to be rude.

• Like 3

On 3/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, mcgeefamily5185 said:

Can you not just join the files like the rest of do when we hit a special situation like this?  To many of us this is just a normal part of pre-preparing your media to get the most from it.

mcgeefamily5185

Like I said no I cannot combine the files. It would take another year to do so and to make sure the subs ( which are inside the files with multiple lanuages) are correct.  I got a job. Media servers are to help us, the people with our data. Its thier job to be logic about things. Everyone knows that  Subs are the biggest problem when combining files. Plex and kodi dont have a problem with splits. (I use part1, etc for all of them, I like to be consistent). 

It took my over a year to finally get my plex server to be correct. Its Metadata always sucked. Even messed up my western films and shows. Asian ones I knew it was going to be a hit or miss but American films it screwed up! But at least they can play stack files no problem just won't show subs and when you say yes on subs the file can't be played anymore. 

Emby has great potential. Layout perfect (which I love,  and quick to laod), it really puts a lot of the media servers to shame especially with asians films and show with hardly  no problems with Metadata, just stacking. Which is basic program.  Maybe a lot of the western media doesn't do that anymore but it should be part of the basic program, becuase a lot of Asian media still does. Plus People will always have that old data in their system. I binge watch old stuff and new stuff all the time. I dont care if its not 4k or 1080p or 480. 

So unless emby wants to be consider racist program it should consider looking into this. 

And to that person who said im rude. I am not rude, I am logical. I dont care how adanvce anything is what you create should always be able to be back compatible. 

Plus come on how does part 1 part 2 and so on are considered versions? That's how it shows in emby. 

NAME 1080P / NAME 780P / NAME SD / NAME HD are versions. 

I will just have to go back to DLNA and remember where I left off. I really want to love Emby but this is a big problem.  I was going to pay the monthly fee so they always got something (which I did for plex for years till I recently left because I do believe they should get paid but only of the program is logical.) 

misterkoat
6 hours ago, mcgeefamily5185 said:

Like I said no I cannot combine the files. It would take another year to do so and to make sure the subs ( which are inside the files with multiple lanuages) are correct.  I got a job. Media servers are to help us, the people with our data. Its thier job to be logic about things. Everyone knows that  Subs are the biggest problem when combining files. Plex and kodi dont have a problem with splits. (I use part1, etc for all of them, I like to be consistent). 

It took my over a year to finally get my plex server to be correct. Its Metadata always sucked. Even messed up my western films and shows. Asian ones I knew it was going to be a hit or miss but American films it screwed up! But at least they can play stack files no problem just won't show subs and when you say yes on subs the file can't be played anymore. 

Emby has great potential. Layout perfect (which I love,  and quick to laod), it really puts a lot of the media servers to shame especially with asians films and show with hardly  no problems with Metadata, just stacking. Which is basic program.  Maybe a lot of the western media doesn't do that anymore but it should be part of the basic program, becuase a lot of Asian media still does. Plus People will always have that old data in their system. I binge watch old stuff and new stuff all the time. I dont care if its not 4k or 1080p or 480. 

So unless emby wants to be consider racist program it should consider looking into this. 

And to that person who said im rude. I am not rude, I am logical. I dont care how adanvce anything is what you create should always be able to be back compatible. 

Plus come on how does part 1 part 2 and so on are considered versions? That's how it shows in emby. 

NAME 1080P / NAME 780P / NAME SD / NAME HD are versions. 

I will just have to go back to DLNA and remember where I left off. I really want to love Emby but this is a big problem.  I was going to pay the monthly fee so they always got something (which I did for plex for years till I recently left because I do believe they should get paid but only of the program is logical.) 

It would be extremely helpful if Emby could implement this.

• 1 year later...
kutsu.demo

Hello!

Could you please add support for multi part episodes. Like this is done with movies... 

Thank you in advance

Edited by kutsu.demo

5 hours ago, kutsu.demo said:

Hello!

Could you please add support for multi part episodes. Like this is done with movies... 

Thank you in advance

Hi, I'm sure we'll get there, but for the best experience possible we'll always suggest joining the files. Thanks.

kutsu.demo
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, I'm sure we'll get there, but for the best experience possible we'll always suggest joining the files. Thanks.

Joining files is really a great option when it is working. Because most of the times it leads to desynchronized video-audio. So most of the times this is not an option at all...

• 2 weeks later...
pwhodges

I've not had synchronisation problems with that.  And of course it has the capability of correcting an offset if you tell it the amount.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges