Won't Connect To Server

jimboz333

jimboz333

It won't find the server when it does the scan and when I manually input the IP address it says the following: "We are unable to connect to that media browser server. Please make sure your server is runnning before attempting to add it to the server list." also I know this belongs in another forum but the app on my iphone can't connect either.  

Koleckai Silvestri

Make sure that TCP port 8096 is open in your server's firewall.

Edited by Wayne Luke

I'd also check firewall settings on the server machine. Sounds like it is denying outside computer access to the machine.

• 1 month later...

Having same problem.  Contacted ROKU which included Browser App.  They stated that I have to install the Server First from www.mediabroser3.com/support however, when I try to install it my Virus Protection from Norton indicates that the file contains a virus called SONAR.HEURISTIC.120.  I'm told from the community forum that the file is safe and that Norton might be indicating a False Positive.  Wanted to know if you have had any problems with the installation.  I don't want my pc to get fried if I allow this application.  Appreciate any comments.  Thanks!

Having same problem.  Contacted ROKU which included Browser App.  They stated that I have to install the Server First from www.mediabroser3.com/support however, when I try to install it my Virus Protection from Norton indicates that the file contains a virus called SONAR.HEURISTIC.120.  I'm told from the community forum that the file is safe and that Norton might be indicating a False Positive.  Wanted to know if you have had any problems with the installation.  I don't want my pc to get fried if I allow this application.  Appreciate any comments.  Thanks!

It is a false positive.You will not have any trouble installing the server and your pc definitely won't get fried.