Windows Phone 8 - artist view doesn't load

icthusman1

icthusman1

When I go into my music collection on the Windows Phone 8 app, the artist view is always blank. If I swipe to the album view, that will load. Sometimes the artist view will then load if I swipe back to it, but not always.

ScottIsAFool

When you experience the artists not loading, can you please send me your logs. To do this, go back to the main page, tap on the app bar, go to about, then to the logs section.

icthusman1

When you experience the artists not loading, can you please send me your logs. To do this, go back to the main page, tap on the app bar, go to about, then to the logs section.

Will do.

icthusman1

FYI, I tried to send the logs but couldn't tell if anything happened when I pushed the button. I tried last night and this morning.

To be clear, this issue occurs when using the Music collection and not when going into the music from the other area.

ScottIsAFool

Can you try restarting your phone, then sending the logs. You'll get prompted to choose which email account to send the logs from.

Could you possibly please include a screenshot of the problem as well, thanks.

Edited by ScottIsAFool

icthusman1

I had to clear the log files before I could send them. It kept crashing the email client on my phone. They have been sent now. I will send a screenshot as well.

ScottIsAFool

Yup, got both thanks. The server is sending back an error about the path being too long. You might need to get the server logs and post them into the server section of the forum.