Unable to connect to server in Emby Theater

Junior90210

Junior90210

I tried turning off the firewall which worked for the other guy.  I opened tcp port 80.  I was not sure of how to forward the ports on my router.  Could you fill me in on how to do that?

I tried turning off the firewall which worked for the other guy.  I opened tcp port 80.  I was not sure of how to forward the ports on my router.  Could you fill me in on how to do that?

Well first please answer my question. Did you customize any ports in the server dashboard? If you left everything at default, then port 80 is not used at all. Just take a look at the front page of the emby server dashboard because it displays the ports and addresses.

Once you've figured out the answer to that, the next thing to do is take a look at our connection troubleshooter. Please try going through the steps listed there, and let us know at what point you get stuck and you're unable to connect.

Thanks !

Junior90210

I thought I needed to forward the port on my laptop that just has et on it.  I tried port 8096 and it did not work.  I think I am missing a step because my startup screen does not look like yours.  Here it is. 

57cdedf3b6fd7_Untitled.jpg

Guest asrequested

Port forwarding is for accessing your server from outside your network. Honestly, I think you may have altered some things you shouldn't have, and we have no way to determine what that is. Can you access your server on other devices, like your phone? If you can't, and it were me, at this point I would do a clean install of everything, server first. Don't modify anything. Once the server is solid, then install ET. It should automatically detect the server, as long as you're in your network. And maybe disable your antivirus and any firewalls you have, when you install ET.

Edited by Doofus