Unable to connect to server in Emby Theater

Junior90210

Junior90210

Hello,

I recently bought an Emby Premiere subscription.  I upload some music and movies with the emby server,  When I tried to use the emby theater to hear the music I uploaded it wold not connect to the server.  I set up a guest account with another email address and clicked on the link that came in the email.  My emby theater is on a separate window 10 laptop.  I did everything including typing in the key for the emby prememere account.  One thing though.  When I put the emby theater on the coputer with the emby server where I have all my file stored on my hard disk it connect to the server and I can play music.  Please help

Junior90210

I have my emby sever downstairs in my basement and my laptop upstairs in my bedroom.  Both units are connected to the same router I guess that means I am in my own network.

Guest asrequested

When in your own network you should be able to connect directly, and not have to sue Emby Connect, which is what it sounds like you're trying to do. When you start ET what do you see on the screen?

Junior90210

When I go to the emby theater I brings up three options one is the server name I have downstairs in my basement and the other two are add a new server and emby connect.  I first went to emby connect and it had a pin and a web address to go to to enter the pin.  I went to the website and put in my user name and password for the second emby account I have not the one downstairs that I used to load all of my files on the server.  I brings up the same menu from the start only this time the server circle is green instead of orange like the first time when it came up.  I click on the server I created downstairs with all of my files on it and it says unable to connect.  I have the emby theater on my computer downstairs and it connects with the account I have on my laptop upstairs and I can see and play the music I have uploaded.  I just works on one computer.  Cannot seem  to get it to let me go upstairs to my laptop and connect.

Have you tried connecting without Emby Connect? In other words, just click on the server in the basement, then sign into that server using your local emby server user name.

Junior90210

I went to add another server and put the server name in and it still did not connect.  I did not ask me for a server user name just the host for the server downstairs.

If I click on the server at the et startup screen, it is a red circle with the downstairs server name on it.  I says unable to connect that way to.  If I use emby connect the the circle with the server name turns green and still does not connect.  OH the color of the server circle down stairs stays red I am sorry.

Guest asrequested

Let's simplify this. Here's my login screen. It has my name on there. If I click on it, I'm logged in instantly, or you can use the manual login. Do you have these options?

57cce7ed7b2b1_Snapshot_241.jpg

Junior90210

My screen looks completely different.  There is no option to manually logon and both the sever from upstairs and the one from downstairs are there.  I put the emby server on my laptop upstairs thinking I needed to to play movies and it is still there.

Junior90210

I uninstalled et an put it back on.  I also deleted the server that I had on my laptop upstairs and tried to connect but got the message unable to connect at this time.

Guest asrequested

Ok, so when you select HOMEGAMER it should take you to the screenshot I posted. Go check the server and look at users. Is your account there?