Trying to Set Up Server with Ceton Infinity in Different Machine

Jobber8742
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

Jobber8742

I'm in the process of migrating my server to a new machine. For Live TV, I use a Ceton Infinity internal card that is in my old machine I was using for Emby Server. So now on the new server, the card is in a different machine. The way I understand it, I keep ServerWMC installed on the machine with the card in it and point the Emby plugin on the new server to it. I'm a bit confused on what I do from there. The plugin asks for the ip address or name of your ServerWMC machine. I tried using the name of the computer \\Living_Room-PC and the port 9080 that doesn't work. I also tried the internal IP address of that machine and that wouldn't work either. I keep getting the message "There was an error communicating with ServerWMC. Please make sure the ServerWMC application is installed and running, and reachable from the above configured address." 

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong or have missed a step somewhere, but I'm at a loss on what I am doing wrong. 

• Solution
krustyreturns

Right, swmc needs to be installed on the machine with the ceton AND wmc needs to be configured on that machine as well.  In the Emby plugin you just need the ip address of the swmc machine.  If the address is correct, but it's not working, something is blocking the port - my guess is the new machine is blocking it.  Try temporarily turning off the firewall on the new machine and see if you can connect.

• Like 1

Jobber8742

Thanks. That worked. I had to open the outbound port 9080 on the new server machine. Connected now.

Another question, would I get better performance out of a network attached HomeRun Prime or would it be about the same as the internal Ceton I have?

krustyreturns

I have no experience with cetons, so I can't say personally.  But on the forum discussions I have seen I have not heard that there is a performance penalty with ceton.

• 3 weeks later...
JeremyFr79

I run a pair of Ceton 4's on my system one is internal the other is the USB version, it get's me 8 concurrent tuners from only 2 cable cards with now issue or performance hits.

• Like 1