Will not fast forward/Backup/Resume on new server install

the1legend

the1legend

I had an issue and needed to rebuild the PC with Emby on it however I'm having one issue now. When playing any media that is on the PC with Emby installed I can FF/Resume the media, but the media on the other PC will play just fine but I can't FF/RW/Resume. I have full control of the share on the other PC, I can delete files and so on. I have clearly missed a step when rebuilding but I can't for the life of me figure out what I have missed. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and I'm hoping someone might know what I'm doing wrong here. This is happening in Chrome and ET.

Edited by the1legend

the1legend

I had an issue and needed to rebuild the PC with Emby on it however I'm having one issue now. When playing any media that is on the PC with Emby installed I can FF/Resume the media, but the media on the other PC will play just fine but I can't FF/RW/Resume. I have full control of the share on the other PC, I can delete files and so on. I have clearly missed a step when rebuilding but I can't for the life of me figure out what I have missed. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and I'm hoping someone might know what I'm doing wrong here. This is happening in Chrome and ET.

the1legend

@@Luke I was hoping that this was a simple over site on my part but here are the logs. First attempt was a movie on the same PC as the server install, I was able to jump to another part of the movie without issue. Second was a TV show on another PC, the seek/progress bar is not available, if I try this on ET I see the seek/progress bar but when you click it, the show goes back to the beginning. This is what happens with anything that I play that is stored the other PC. These files played without issue before the reinstall of Emby server. Thanks for the help!

logs.zip

Edited by the1legend

Try refreshing it from the detail screen to ensure it has adequate media info to seek, and/or wait for the initial library scan to finish on the new server.

the1legend

I have done that, this is my second attempt on a new server build.The first time I waited until it was done scanning because the thought the same thing. At this point I will try again without restoring the backup that Emby created. We will see what comes from that attempt as things have not been working well since I was jumped from the Beta channel to the Dev channel a couple of weeks ago. I don't understand the underlining code of Emby, but I feel that I need to rule out the backup as being part of the problem at this point.

the1legend

@@Luke Starting fresh has resolved the issue. I can now use the seek/progress bar for the shows played from the share on the other PC. I can't explain why the backup introduced this limitation but I'm glad that its resolved. If I had to guess I would say that it came from the unintended jump to the Dev channel that happened to some of the beta users a few weeks ago. I was having image caching issues ever since then. As well, the clients would eventually fail to connect (not crash but become unresponsive to input) to the server or vice versa, forcing the user to close and reopen the app. This solution was only temporary because the app (Chrome and ET) would soon exhibit the same behavior again. This continued even after downgrading to the Beta channel, database clean, and fresh library scan.