Emby Theater in Windows Store

icthusman1

Thanks Luke. Care to offer any more information? This question was posed back in Feb for the iOS app and the response was similar ...a future release... its now 7 months later and we haven't seen it added there either. Should I postulate that its at least another 7 months away here. Understand you not wanting to over commit, but as a premium subscriber who signed up partly because of this feature the least I would expect from emby for commentary is, its been worked on but we have dev problems or its not prioritized right now because of xyz...

Cheers,

D

• 3 weeks later...
swhitmore

Hey guys. I recently started using the UWP version of ET on my Intel NUC, as it runs much better. For anyone using ET on a low-powered device. I recommend testing the performance difference between the 2 versions.

Edited by swhitmore

We have an update currently going through certification. The update after that will resolve the backspace key issue. In the meantime, Esc will work.

Hi Luke

Any progress on the app update to solve the "Back" issue

swhitmore

Hi Luke

Any progress on the app update to solve the "Back" issue

What issue are you having? To get 'back' working for me, I had to use a different command on my remote.

What issue are you having? To get 'back' working for me, I had to use a different command on my remote.

Using an MS remote I have not been able to go Back I need to reach for kybd all the time

what did you use on the remote or how did you change it?

swhitmore

Using an MS remote I have not been able to go Back I need to reach for kybd all the time

what did you use on the remote or how did you change it?

The 'clear' button at the bottom left of my remote worked for back. Not sure why the mapping is different.

The 'clear' button at the bottom left of my remote worked for back. Not sure why the mapping is different.

Yep that works thanks for that

If I understand it correctly the back button is the same as backspace on a keyboard which works in full EHT but not the app

Luke indicated this was being reinstated in the update hence the question of what is the status of the update 

No the store will handle it for you. On Xbox it will install the update before launching the app. On other devices it will download in the background, so you probably already have the update.

swhitmore

the update to include backspace already went out, so maybe the remote is sending something else.

I don't think it's working then Luke. I have my harmony setup as a MCE remote and it was working fine for the desktop version of ET. Play/Pause and Back don't work for the UWP version. I haven't tried others yet, but I can do so tonight. Do you want me to capture the remote commands I'm sending?

Edited by swhitmore

The back button on the xbox one media remote works so i would just map your harmony to that. Additionally the backspace key and the esc key also work so those are options as well.

swhitmore

The back button on the xbox one media remote works so i would just map your harmony to that. Additionally the backspace key and the esc key also work so those are options as well.

I'm happy to map it, I just figured that you might want something that works 'out of the box'. It could also be an issue with people using an MCE remote that can't be re-mapped.

What about Play/Pause? I like being able to hit play on the top level item to stat playing it without having to go into the details page first.

I'm happy to map it, I just figured that you might want something that works 'out of the box'. It could also be an issue with people using an MCE remote that can't be re-mapped.

What about Play/Pause? I like being able to hit play on the top level item to stat playing it without having to go into the details page first.

Yup - not all of us have Harmony remotes. Some of us (e.g. me) have plain old MCE remotes...

MCE Remote is still the best just have to figure out how to get the important buttons like stop to work.  

MCE Remote is still the best just have to figure out how to get the important buttons like stop to work.  

+1 from me

FWIW

the OK button works as a quick and dirty pause/resume with the app

stop works on mine (teletext version)

swhitmore

+1 from me

FWIW

the OK button works as a quick and dirty pause/resume with the app

stop works on mine (teletext version)

Yeah but it doesn't work as mentioned above to play top level items without having to navigate to the details page.