Emby Theater in Windows Store

icthusman1

FrostByte

OK, so, I have two servers, one with the default port, and one with a custom port. I have to since they are both on the same network, and if I have to connect remotely, they need to different ports. Anyway, I was able to connect to the other server using the default port. Thing is, I don't want to use that server, that is the one I have my friends and family connect to. I like the one just for me..that's the one with the good stiff wink wink lol.

lol, can't have you not being able to connect then.

Maybe related to this thread?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38920-emby-theatre-unable-to-connect-to-selected-server/

ABNParatrooper

This is so weird, it's not like I am trying to connect to a server located on another computer. I am trying to connect ET to the server located on the same computer. Even if I use manual settings of IP address or even local host, I still get the unable to connect message. Even more odd is that it connects to my other server located on another computer. I am going to change the port on this one and see what happens.

This is so weird, it's not like I am trying to connect to a server located on another computer. I am trying to connect ET to the server located on the same computer. Even if I use manual settings of IP address or even local host, I still get the unable to connect message. Even more odd is that it connects to my other server located on another computer. I am going to change the port on this one and see what happens.

I believe there is an issue connecting via local IP in the current release.  A fix has already gone out to the store and will hopefully be available soon.

In the meantime, I think if you use your external IP address, it will connect.

FrostByte

The other app has an issue of it running on the same computer as server also.  There is a loopback issue and you have to run a program to fix that.  Not sure that is the same issue ET is having

The other app has an issue of it running on the same computer as server also.  There is a loopback issue and you have to run a program to fix that.  Not sure that is the same issue ET is having

That is actually a different issue (a restriction imposed by MS) but I'm pretty sure both apps now are able to handle it automatically.

• Like 2

swhitmore

Where is the full screen option?

If you're on Windows 10, open the app bar and click fullscreen in the top right.

ABNParatrooper

Yeah did all the above, might just be my video card. As you see in the screenshot, I am already maxed out, yet I still see the task bar, unless that is by design.

57da65f91bfd0_nofullscreen.png

Happy2Play

Just loaded app and it confused me at first, clicking the maximize filled the screen but left the header and you see the taskbar.  But the trick of double clicking in the app it did go full screen

Hi

anyone else having issues with Back in the app

connect issue were sorted for me with Anniversary update of win 10

app wise

Performs well inc subtitles

no back function without a mouse on either of the 3 testing PCs

micro has a MS remote other PCs  I use backspace normally for desktop ET

or do I need to go looking in forum

Hi

anyone else having issues with Back in the app

connect issue were sorted for me with Anniversary update of win 10

app wise

Performs well inc subtitles

no back function without a mouse on either of the 3 testing PCs

micro has a MS remote other PCs  I use backspace normally for desktop ET

or do I need to go looking in forum

We have an update currently going through certification. The update after that will resolve the backspace key issue. In the meantime, Esc will work.

ThEoPatrizi

Hi there,

I just installed Win10 from scratch and wanna know what shoud I use besides the server....

1- Emby Theater App, from the store.

2- Emby Theater from emby site (https://emby.media/emby-theater.html).

I've projector and home theater, so want to bypass audio to the home theater handle it.

Allready left back The "Emby App", from other developers.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I just installed Win10 from scratch and wanna know what shoud I use besides the server....

1- Emby Theater App, from the store.

2- Emby Theater from emby site (https://emby.media/emby-theater.html).

I've projector and home theater, so want to bypass audio to the home theater handle it.

Allready left back The "Emby App", from other developers.

Thanks!

Options number one and two have the same user interface, but different capabilities. The one in the store runs as part of the Windows Universal framework, and thus is limited to what the framework provides.

The second option is a traditional desktop app with all the home theater bells and whistles you're expecting, so that is probably what you want.

• Like 2

Don't know if i'm dumb or what but i can't get this app to play fullscreen.

We'll add a fullscreen button soon. In the meantime you can just double click anywhere in the app to toggle fullscreen.

• Like 1

Hi Zero

I had the same issue

Check your version of windows I believe the app needs 14393 anniversary edition

Edited by waughd

the uwp app from the store refuses to connect to my server even though the desktop and web apps work just fine on the same pc

Hi, welcome. Refuse is a strong word. The app isn't refusing to do anything :) Rather, something is standing in the way, so let's find out what it is. For starters, you need the Windows 10 anniversary update, as mentioned below.

Secondly, is Emby server on the same machine as the app? If so there are additional Windows Store restrictions that don't allow that, and this requires a simple workaround which can you learn how to do here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39288-how-to-run-windows-store-app-on-same-machine-as-server/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Do you know when off-line sync is going to be available for this new app? When I click the more options button on a movie/episode there is only an option to sync to other devices... There is a download button, but that doesn't appear to do anything.

Cheers,

D