Emby Theatre to Emby Premiere Prompt

DRD

Hi, I have used Windows Media Centre for years now but have to face reality and realise in Windows 10 this is no longer possible. I have used Emby in WMC for some time now and love it.

However when I have changed to using Emby Theatre everytime I start to watch a  movie all I get is a prompt to subscribe to Emby Premiere and can only watch 1 minute of any film!!!!

I must have a setting incorrect as Emby has always allow me to view my movies via WMC ...... am i just being stupid or do I now HAVE to subscribe?

Any help would be appreciated as I love EMBY and want to continue using it.

Help me please,

DRD

Hi there, welcome. Currently Emby Theater requires an active Emby Premiere subscription. We work extremely hard on the app and in return for your support, I think you'll enjoy the rapid improvement, support and feedback. If you need a free option, the legacy version is available and completely free:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29908-legacy-version/

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the response, apologies its taken so long to reply but I didnt get an email notification, so thought my query had fallen on deaf ears.

I have a question about Emby premier suscription.

All I am really looking for is a UI for watching my media on my home pc. If I were to use Emby Premier even at home from my HTPC does all that traffic go online through the server? sorry for obvious question I just want to watch the amount of data that I stream. I appreciate that if I am watching away from home I can stream my data through emby .... Im just not sure of how that works when I am at home.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

No, everything remains local between your app and your server. The reason for the Premiere requirement is not related to location but that we work on improving this app every day, and for the amount of time we're pouring into it it's just not feasible to be completely free right now. Thanks !