Experimental Live TV Looking Good

jdwilliams19

jdwilliams19

I watched the Tennessee game last night using the experimental live tv feature in Kodi and, while the game was terrible, the streaming worked great. Picture quality was excellent. I'm running Emby server as a freenas plugin and I have an HD Homerun Prime. This was way easier to set up in emby than in myth tv. I just wanted to share some positive feedback with you guys... nice work!

I'm very excited to have full PVR support for Emby integrated into Kodi. Is this still being actively worked? 

Angelblue05

Thanks for the feedback

No one is working on Emby LiveTV for Kodi. One of our dev added this option as a temporary solution until such project was created. Hopefully someday.... :)

marcelveldt

Thanks for the feedback

No one is working on Emby LiveTV for Kodi. One of our dev added this option as a temporary solution until such project was created. Hopefully someday.... :)

I am working on it again... Takes me some time as its all C++

• Like 3

I am working on it again... Takes me some time as its all C++

Super!

If it (eventually) works with emby-tvheadend plugin and can use emby transcoding for "out of local network", you can count me in as active log providing alpha/beta tester.

I'm not giving up on using tvheadend directly with my living room setup, but I have multiple laptops and mobile devices that are missing live-tv with EPG when out of network.

Angelblue05

.... I already answered you. ;)

I was just referring you to this thread, because a plugin is being worked on. Then you can subscribe to this thread to track activity.

Edited by Angelblue05

marcelveldt

I spent about 2 weeks getting the dev environment ready and now I'm slowly making some progress.

When I have some first results, I'll let you know

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 4