NEW: Default to HTTP playback out of the box ?

cw-kid
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

cw-kid

Hi

• NEW: Default to HTTP playback out of the box, when selecting add-on playback mode. To use Samba (SMB), the option can be disabled via add-on settings > playback. We all agreed, this would be the most user-friendly approach to achieving Direct Play for new users.

When I look at the Playback options I can see the option called "Play from HTTP instead of SMB"

After updating the add-on to version 2.2.20 and selecting to keep all the existing add-on settings etc 

"Play from HTTP instead of SMB" is still turned off, so does that mean its still using SMB ? 

So on a clean installation when selecting to use the add-on default playback mode, you are saying that the "Play from HTTP instead of SMB" option would then be enabled ? 

Thanks

• Solution
xnappo

Correct it will only effect new installs.  We are tired of debugging people's issues with putting in correct network paths/using path substitution on the server.  Luke is talking about re-working the server side of this, at which time we will reconsider.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

cw-kid

I reset the local DB with version 2.2.20 the initial scan took 1 hour 43 minutes. 

However I now only have Kids Movies and TV shows all my other content is missing from Kodi. 

EDIT: The music library looks OK and seems to have the right number of artists and albums. But no Movies and TV Shows that aren't in the kids folders.

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

What is all your other content? Can you confirm the libraries are enabled for the Emby user you synced to Kodi? What if you launch the Emby add-on, does it show the library sections there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cw-kid

There is about x TV shows and x movies missing. 

If I launch the Emby add-on and go to Movies -> Movies its only listing documentaries that are in a separate documentaries folder. But the main movies are not shown. 

If in the Emby add-on I go to TV -> TV its empty. 

The Emby user is called "Kodi" and I haven't changed anything to do with that on the Emby server. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

On the Emby Server Users -> Access it says "Enable access to all libraries" and this is ticked for this "Kodi" user

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Can you refresh playlists and video nodes? Then try again to access your library sections by launching the add-on and seeinf if it made any difference? Did you see the missing content sync during the initial sync? Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

No I don't think I saw it syncing the missing content during the initial scan. 

I will try what you said now about the playlists / video nodes. 

Also Home Videos content is missing, its listed in the Emby add-on but empty when you go in to it. 

cw-kid

Nope its still the same after running the Playlists / Video Nodes thing. I just closed Kodi and re-opened it and its the same again still missing content. 

Strange I don't think its ever done this before. 

Might have to reset it again..

cw-kid

I have the log file for the initial sync but its too big for Pastebin and xbmclogs.com seems to have gone. Not sure where people are uploading log files to now ? 

EDIT: Actually I don't LOL that last restart of Kodi would have over written the old log file. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

There are also missing movies in the Kids Movies section. 

In Kodi the last movie shown is "Stitch! The Movie" The last movie should be "Zootopia"

Kodi says there are 423 kids movies however on the Emby server in the Kids movies folder it says there are 472 movies. 

The number of Kids TV shows is correct however at 18 in both Kodi and on the Emby Server web GUI. 

Angelblue05

Can you confirm they are missing from Kodi's default Movie/TV shortcuts? Videos > Movies (It will have no Emby logo)

I just reset my own library to make sure, and everything synced correctly. So the question is, if the content did sync, is it missing tags? Or if the content didn't sync, then that would be a bigger problem.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

"Can you confirm they are missing from Kodi's default Movie/TV shortcuts? Videos > Movies (It will have no Emby logo)"

In Movies -> Titles there are 438 titles, seems to be the Kids movies and the documentaries together. 

In TV Shows -> Titles its only showing the 18 kids TV shows but not the main TV shows. 

I don't use Tags. I am fairly sure it just didn't sync some of the folders on the server / Emby library. 

I will reset it again tomorrow and see if it does any better next time? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It's not about using tags or not. The add-on tags your content automatically to be able to recreate the Emby libraries. If that was borked, then the content would still show under the Kodi default shortcuts. But now, you say it's completely missing, can you try running a manual sync and posting that log? Thanks

Otherwise give a reset a shot - keep me posted. I've checked commits since 2.2.19 and nothing has changed in the syncing process. So I'm not exactly sure why this is happening.

cw-kid

These are the folders in the Library:

SYNCED

D:\ServerFolders\Documentaries

D:\ServerFolders\Kids Movies (Synced but there were missing movies after the letter S)

D:\ServerFolders\Kids TV\VIDEOS (Synced all 18 shows OK)

NOT SYNCED / Missing Content

D:\ServerFolders\Videos\Home Movies

D:\ServerFolders\Movies

D:\ServerFolders\TV\VIDEOS

cw-kid

I'm running a manual sync now and this time at the moment its doing the main movies folder. It didn't seem to do that on the initial sync after the DB reset for some reason. 

Will post a log later. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's very odd for sure.

@@cw-kid no need to post the log now that it works and your content is syncing. However, if you do happen to try a reset, and content is missing again, please provide this log so we can make sure we can correct the issue if it's on our side, thanks! If the log is huge, you can put it on dropbox. Otherwise, I'm mostly interest in those lines (example):

17:26:10 T:4796  NOTICE: EMBY.librarysync -> Media folders: [{'id': u'f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805', 'name': u'Movies'}, {'id': u'bce6ab2f862d8111846735d20a46b29a', 'name': u'UFC'}, {'id': u'a329cda1727467c08a8f1493195d32d3', 'name': u'Kids movies'}]
Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

The Manual Sync seems to have worked and brought back the missing content. 

Home Videos are still empty however. 

I am about to reset the DB again now see what happens this time. 

Thanks

• Like 1

cw-kid

@@Angelblue05

The initial sync after the second DB reset scanned in this order:

Kids Movies ~ (main) Movies ~ (main) TV shows ~ Kids TV shows ~ Artists ~ Albums ~ Songs.

Scan time to complete was: 

So seems to have worked OK this time, not sure what happened yesterday then and why it didn't work properly the first time I reset the DB. 

Only difference is between last night and today there was an update for the Fast Sync Plugin which I installed earlier on the server. 

I didn't see Home Videos come up during the scan though, might have missed it? They are still empty however. 

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Home videos are not synced to the Kodi database. They are pulled in real time from your server via plugin listing. So something else must be the issue. Can you launch the Emby add-on, access your home videos there and post your log. Hopefully, it will give us a clue as to why it's not populating.

Edited by Angelblue05