[Feature request] Series pooling support

xarath

Angelblue05

Anything in your Kodi logs? You did mean 2.2.31~alpha right? Do you use fast sync, manual sync? I hate playing 20 questions.... :)

Edit: Ok, I see what you are seeing with using the manual sync at start up. It's probably due to the fact that only one series return when we compare, so it removes the extra ones, grr

Back to the drawing board.

Using fast sync, the issue does not exist.

Edited by Angelblue05

I can't reproduce this outcome. My supernatural series is still combined after restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

@@xarath can you provide your Kodi log after the manual sync, thanks. I can't reproduce this...so hopefully with more info, I can see where things go wrong.

Will test this environment with my Arrow tv show.

It's on 3 disks

disk A - season 1+2

disk B - season 3

disk C - season 4

Reporting within minutes

EDIT:

Everything is OK on my side. Either with TV Shows across 3 HDDs either with TV shows across 2 HDDs.

Nothing gets deleted so far...

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Will test this environement on supernatural

No need to. The issue is when running a manual sync again, after series pooling is added. When we compare, we pull the list of content from the server, then compare to what we have and remove anything that doesn't belong. Unfortunately, because the api only returns one of the duplicate series, this is why the issue arises.

Honestly, the only reason why doing a manual sync after the initial sync works to add those extra series is because we manually compare episodes to episodes. When adding episodes that doesn't exist in the Kodi database, it verifies the series existence and that's how it gets properly added.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Will test this environment with my Arrow tv show.

It's on 3 disks

disk A - season 1+2

disk B - season 3

disk C - season 4

Reporting within minutes

EDIT:

Everything is OK on my side. Either with TV Shows across 3 HDDs either with TV shows across 2 HDDs.

Nothing gets deleted so far...

If you run another manual sync, you should see what they are seeing. Then running another manual sync should put it back.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

I simply stayed away from another manual sync cause you mentioned it, so I followed your advice and as @@xarath didn't mention that part, I proceeded with the test without the scan.

Now I replicated your environment and yes, this is happening with me of course :D

PS: Don't know if this is a sidenote or not, but probably correlated, I just uploaded to my NAS the last ship s03e12 and zoos02e11 , both these shows are multi-pathed. I went into Emby server and they are not showing on the recently added. But Quarry Season 1 (a totally new, not multi-pathed show...is). <--- Feel free to edit this PS if not correlated

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

PS: Don't know if this is a sidenote or not, but probably correlated, I just uploaded to my NAS the last ship s03e012 and zoos02e11 , both these shows are multi-pathed. I went into Emby server and they are not showing on the recently added. But Quarry Season 1 (a totally new, not multi-pathed show...is).

Best report this in the server forums. I've seen other users report having some difficulties with recently added where some titles were missing. I am not sure of the resolution.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Hey, ok, seems simpler than my solution. I'll check it out thanks.

Edit: Seems to work fine. Thanks for that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I don't think you can do it during the initial sync because we pull episodes per seriesId at that time (unlike the manual sync which pulls all episodes based on the view). But doing a manual sync combines the first time, right? This is beta anyway, so I'm not too worried if it needs a bit more user intervention to get series pooling going. Before we release to stable, I'm sure Luke will have added the info in the api, that we need to get this working fully.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

For:

dosomething()

else: # Proceeds if the loop completed without breaking

dosomethingelse()

Useful for verifications, processes everything, and if it didn't break (conditional), complete the else statement. I hope that's what you are asking? heh :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Lines? I've been slowly going over the code to clean it up. Sometimes I use for else, for logical grouping, in case I decide to move lines around, then I'm not leaving stuff behind that goes with the for loop, by accident.

Angelblue05

@@Angelblue05

Just to clear things out. The second manual sync still f*cks up the pooling right? I mean in the beta of this addon (which I installed last night again).

No, this has been fixed by null_pointer. You can do as many manual sync you want and it won't mess anything up.

• Like 1

Im still migrating my last HDD as of now (yep...long library lol) but already did what you guys said and so far so good. Will keep over this to check for errors. Thanks for such an amazing work...

offtopic, there is no way artwork download inside KODI can be used to a casual poster or whatever fixing once we adopt emby addon right?

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

To set your artwork, it has to be done in the Emby webclient. It will then be applied in Kodi by the add-on.

I don't know if the artwork picker in Emby is exposed via the api and if it's something we can control from Kodi. It's something I can look into eventually.

Everything metadata/artwork is to be modified Emby side. You should not use any Kodi function that would modify the metadata or artwork. Your server is truly central to your setup.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Hi!

Using v2.2.32 doesn't work for me.  I tried a clean install from the git repo and initial scan seems fine but when I try to do a manual scan, I get this error:

15:36:07 T:139673568237312   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('SeriesId',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 158, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 69, in __init__
                                                self._library_sync(mode)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 146, in _library_sync
                                                librarysync.ManualSync().sync()
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 1058, in sync
                                                return self.fullSync(manualrun=True)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 264, in fullSync
                                                completed = process[itemtype](embycursor, kodicursor, pDialog)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 1367, in tvshows
                                                all_embytvshowsIds.add(embyepisode['SeriesId'])
                                            KeyError: ('SeriesId',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Complete log file attached.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

I knew it was too good to be true ;)

You have an episode that has no series assigned to it. I will modify the code to just skips over it.

Edit: Just install the latest beta version 2.2.33, let me know if it resolves your issue and if still maintains your series pooling after being applied.

Edited by Angelblue05

I installed v 2.2.33, cleared local database, did a manual scan and it now seems to be working flawlessly.  I can restart Kodi without problem.  Thanks a lot for your good work!

• Like 1