Same albumartist shown two or three times

poerlemans

poerlemans

In some situation the albumartist is shown two or three times in the albumartist overview.

An example of the dutch singer/songwriter Boudewijn de Groot in next picture:

57c83e7748831_BoudewijndeGroot.jpg

The albumartist Boudewijn de Groot is shown two times (as Boudewijn De Groot and as Boudewijn de Groot).

The two versions contain the same albums and songs.

How to combine the two versions of the same albumartist??

PenkethBoy

I had some thing similar and by editing the name to - in your case "De" or "de" so they match - then run a library scan should make the duplicate disappear

poerlemans

I already carried out this procedure (by another albumartist). But the duplo albumartists still exist.

I can illustrate that with next album screen (Ellen ten Damme). In this case  I edited the albumartist but still three versions present!

57c84df734c02_EllentenDamme.jpg

Happy2Play

Rour first screenshot shows a spelling variation with lowercase and uppercase so that is probably variation in the track tags.  As for the second screen shot I can't see any variations.

If you right click and select edit info on each copy do they have the same path?

There are other post about duplication in the database and this happens, and the user had to delete the library.db and allow it to rebuild to resolve issue similar to this.  But I would only try that as a last resort.

PenkethBoy

Yep metadata in the actual mp3 files probably has the capitalisation difference

the triple could be different MusicBrainz artist references - i've had that a couple of times as well

You could try MusicBrainz - Picard app that makes it easy to match music and update all the mp3 tag at the same time - made my life easier updating and correcting my music library

oh and tell us what you have already done it will save the guess work!

poerlemans

I inspected all my tags in my flac files of both artists and made indeed some corrections.

Then I made a mistake: In the artist edit menu I selected delete. Then the artist was deleted indeed but I also found out that the corresponding flac-files were deleted. I'm very happy that I just made a backup, so I could correct this.

After recovery of the files, the library was filled up again, but the same situation as before was arising.

@@Happy2Play made the suggestion to look at the path in the edit menu.

Well in de case of Boudewijn de Groot I found the following two pathes: 

\\Meterkast\music\Boudewijn de Groot  and....

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/metadata/artists/Boudewijn de Groot

In the case of Ellen ten Damme I found:

\\Meterkast\music\Ellen ten Damme and.....

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/metadata/artists/Ellen Ten Damme

In the case of other albumartists (with only one single presence in the albumartist list) the situation is that both path-types (Windows or Linux) are possible.

Well it will be clear, I didn't find a solution for my problem. I'm planning to remove the flac files from both artists, do a library scan and a cleaning procedure and then add the files again. I hope that will solve my problem.