Emby not recognizing specific show...

GroundZero

GroundZero

Hey just wondering if anyone could give me a quick hand. Putting it simply, the show "The Strain" Season 3, episode 1, is not being found when doing a library update. Not too sure why not to be honest...

Some info:

Emby = Latest version (v3.0.6400.0)

Folder Structure = Just individual show folders, no different season folder

Naming structure = The Strain - S03E01 - New York Strong HDTV-720p

It has recognized all my other shows, which are named and stored in the same manner, so not too sure why it is being fussy.

Also just a side note, I use Sonarr as my back end, always have with no issues. It auto renames and moves the videos to the proper directory.

Any help would be Much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Edited by GroundZero

Clearly, the problem is the naming of your parent folder structure... ;)

Seriously, from that I can't see anything obviously wrong.  Can you describe exactly what you mean by "not found"?  Where are you looking?

GroundZero

Clearly, the problem is the naming of your parent folder structure... ;)

Seriously, from that I can't see anything obviously wrong.  Can you describe exactly what you mean by "not found"?  Where are you looking?

lmao :P

And here's what i mean lol...

57c84410addd8_Capture3.jpg

57c844264291a_Capture4.jpg

Simply does not exist in the library...lol

And I have ran the scan about a half dozen times, hoping it will pick up eventually lmao

Edited by GroundZero

GroundZero

If you search for "new york strong" does it show up?

Hmmm, yes actually... It appears to just not be linked to the tv series? :S 

57c846448fe55_Capture5.jpg

EDIT: .... It just Now clicked in what you meant by my naming structure!! LOL.... I thought you where being sarcastic because there's nothing wrong with it lmao... But I assume Plex is what you meant?? LOL..... I'm new to Emby :P   Slowly migrating everything to it From plex though :P

Edited by GroundZero

If you click on that search result do you get a normal episode detail screen that appears to have all the metadata?  Does it show as a part of the right series and season?

It almost looks like the Season is not getting created so there is no path to the item.  Try hitting the '...' menu and select 'edit information'.  Does it have the proper season number?  Try putting it in if not.

GroundZero

If you click on that search result do you get a normal episode detail screen that appears to have all the metadata?  Does it show as a part of the right series and season?

It almost looks like the Season is not getting created so there is no path to the item.  Try hitting the '...' menu and select 'edit information'.  Does it have the proper season number?  Try putting it in if not.

57c8691712079_Capture6.jpg

57c869251aafc_Capture7.jpg

Where would I see the season number?

EDIT: Apparently I'm blind, just saw the season number now lol...using remote desktop on a very small screen at school lol... woops...but ok, hope you can help :P

Edited by GroundZero

It looks like the metadata is fine but it's just not displaying for whatever reason. i'll do some testing. thanks.

On that episode screen click on "Season 3" at the top.  That should take you to the season.  Now edit it and see if anything is amiss.  One thing to check would be if maybe it has a rating somehow that falls outside of whatever rating limits you may have set for the user in question.

GroundZero

On that episode screen click on "Season 3" at the top.  That should take you to the season.  Now edit it and see if anything is amiss.  One thing to check would be if maybe it has a rating somehow that falls outside of whatever rating limits you may have set for the user in question.

Sorry for the late reply. I've played around with a few settings but still a no go :(

57c9b9d76ae53_Capture1.jpg

EDIT:  Scratch that... Was just tinkering around with the settings, and changed the release date to the date it was aired, and voila.... :/

svcIH52.jpg

r01sKrG.jpg

A Very odd problem to have, but that's what made it appear lol.... Thanks for all your help :)

Any idea on why that would happen, for future reference?

Edited by GroundZero

Only thing I can figure is that, somehow, it thought it was a future date and you don't have the "Show Future Episodes" option checked...?

GroundZero

Only thing I can figure is that, somehow, it thought it was a future date and you don't have the "Show Future Episodes" option checked...?

I'm not even sure where the "Show Future Episodes" option is lol...

GroundZero

I don't think it's related to that. I'm looking into what might be causing it.

Well, next episode comes out tomorrow, i'll update on whether it picks it up or not

Happy2Play

I'm not even sure where the "Show Future Episodes" option is lol...

User preferences (user icon)-Display