Add media library from second synology box

SuppeGris
Go to solution Solved by AlwinHummels,

SuppeGris

Hi

I have just installed the Emby package on my synology box, and the local media folder on that box works fine. However I have a second synology box, which have have more media files, I would like to add as a library to the first box. However I cannot get this to work. I believe this is a permission issue. I have tried to create the embysvr user on the second box, but since I don't know the embysvr password from the first box, I tried with a blank password, which did not work. I then tried to change the embysvr password on the first box, and checked that the local media could still be served, after stopping and starting the service. After that I matched the password for the embysvr user on the second box, but I could still not add the shared folder from the second box, to the first box, which have the emby package installed.

How can I configured this, so I can add remote shares on the Emby service installed on by Synology box?

• Solution
AlwinHummels

Hello @SuppeGris 

You can add a new shared folder ex. nas2 on your first Synology where the emby server is running.. after that go to file-manager and add the folders from the second nas to the new shared folder.

Go to the new created folder ex. nas2 select it on file-manager -> click on Tools - and Mount remote folder, now you can choose Cifs or NFS if your second nas is accessible thru smb choose Cifs and add the correct credentials. otherwise you have to share the folders on the second nas with NFS. Once done the folders on the second nas are accessible from the first nas and also selectable from Emby server.

I hope this will help you a bit further and sorry for my terrible English

• Like 2

SuppeGris

Hi AlwinHummels

Great suggestion. After fiddling about for a while I got it working.

Thanks for your help.

• 7 months later...
@Christopher

I'm an newby on the Emby server. I have a synology nas and Emby only shows the download folder where i have some music downloaded. I gave the folder \volume1\Music the permission for the Emby server which i installed on my nas.

Should i reindex the whole folder \volume1\Music or what do i wrong?

Thanks for help

@Christopher

Hello Luke,

I try to connect my synology database to Emby.

Volume1 is my Synology NAS.

\\ipadressynology\volume1\music

What i try it does not work.

Also to connect an usb portable drive.