Because you watched... recommendations

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

A very annoying problem and if there is an option, I can't find it...

In "If you like xxx, check these out..." section, trailers from the plugin "trailers" are available. It's really confusing because I just want to see movies I own.

For instance I see "Doctor Strange" in that section when I go on "Thor" movie details. My friends think I already have this movie, but in fact, it's just the trailer...

Is there an option to change it? If yes where is it? If no could you add it quickly, or at least deactivate this quicly? Thx.

• Like 5

jscoys

I would also like an option to limit suggestions to movies in my library.

Like my post to help it to have a better visibility for devs please [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys

Can the recommendations that appear be restricted to movies you have in your library some how? Currently I get recommendations for trailers of movies I don't have

Thanks for your help!

bfir3

I still don't understand why Emby is recommending trailers in the first place. There have been multiple posts about this, but my line of thinking was always that the recommendations should be for other library items. As far as I'm concerned, a trailer is just a piece of metadata for a movie just like a poster or backdrop is. At the very least why not have an option for "Include trailers in suggestions"?

Happy2Play

I still don't understand why Emby is recommending trailers in the first place. There have been multiple posts about this, but my line of thinking was always that the recommendations should be for other library items. As far as I'm concerned, a trailer is just a piece of metadata for a movie just like a poster or backdrop is. At the very least why not have an option for "Include trailers in suggestions"?

It use to be a setting at one time.

<IncludeTrailersInSuggestions>true</IncludeTrailersInSuggestions>

• Like 1

bfir3

It use to be a setting at one time.

<IncludeTrailersInSuggestions>true</IncludeTrailersInSuggestions>

Sounds like a nice setting. :)

Edited by bfir3

I still don't understand why Emby is recommending trailers in the first place. There have been multiple posts about this, but my line of thinking was always that the recommendations should be for other library items. 

If you read this feature request you'll find the exact opposite opinion: Find Similar Content you don't have

That is just to say that it is an opinion and, in those cases, we try to go with the method that provides the best (and simplest) functionality to the most people.  Right now, we believe that to be how it is but it may become an option in the future.

legallink

+1

Several of us have commented on this.  I think to some degree there is a product decision being made.

• Like 1

jscoys

If you read this feature request you'll find the exact opposite opinion: Find Similar Content you don't have

That is just to say that it is an opinion and, in those cases, we try to go with the method that provides the best (and simplest) functionality to the most people. Right now, we believe that to be how it is but it may become an option in the future.

Ok ok... I respect the decision! I'm also deasppointed to see trailers among other movies in suggestions...

But the really stake here is that I can't make the difference between movies I own and trailers in one eye shot! Sometimes I go on an item saying to myself (waw I downloaded that, excellent, very happy to watch it!!!) and when I play it I say "oh fuck it's just the trailer!!!". I Will be agree with that decision if we could defferientiate item types in suggestions directly from the poster or by a visual element...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys
  • Like 2

MrWebsmith

@@ebr @@Luke

value in bringing back the wmc "remote item" icon/overlay for something like this...  an item not in library that has a small poster overlay icon to show what jscoys is describing here..  across all current-gen emby apps i'd hope for eventually

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Ok ok... I respect the decision! I'm also deasppointed to see trailers among other movies in suggestions...

But the really stake here is that I can't make the difference between movies I own and trailers in one eye shot! Sometimes I go on an item saying to myself (waw I downloaded that, excellent, very happy to watch it!!!) and when I play it I say "oh fuck it's just the trailer!!!". I Will be agree with that decision if we could defferientiate item types in suggestions directly from the poster or by a visual element...

Technically there is if you use CoverArt.

example

57c6fd0f28d86_because.jpg

• Like 1

jscoys

Yeah I know but I don't want to install this plugin. Is there something we can do without using this plugin?

jscoys

Ok finally I installed CoverArt and am playing with that... Is the treatments are made directly into picture files? I mean is it reversible?

Happy2Play

Ok finally I installed CoverArt and am playing with that... Is the treatments are made directly into picture files? I mean is it reversible?

Treatment is cached so original images are not changed.

jscoys

Ok Will try by setting all at "ignore" excepting trailers with a metro case.

Koleckai Silvestri

Am I the only one annoyed by this???

No... Unfortunately, the developers consider Trailers to be legitimate content and won't change it. I had to uninstall the plugin to get some peace. Weird solutions like this are why Emby seldom gets used in my house anymore. Most of my family isn't satisfied with the experience. It was really gone downhill over the last year.

• Like 1

jscoys

What do I need to do after? I performed a full library scan but nothing... Do I need to force que refresh?

Happy2Play

Well here is a solution for you. :ph34r:

#suggestionsTab [data-type="Trailer"] {display: none;}

I guess as a note this will only affect the web client, as with all custom css.

Edited by Happy2Play

jscoys

Well here is a solution for you. :ph34r:

#suggestionsTab [data-type="Trailer"] {display: none;}

Ok but where I'm supposed to put that?

Happy2Play

What do I need to do after? I performed a full library scan but nothing... Do I need to force que refresh?

CA should just treat the content type you selected.