Because you watched... recommendations

jscoys

Happy2Play

Ok but where I'm supposed to put that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashboard-Settings-Branding-Custom CSS

mgworek

Thanks for that. While it does work, you now have a blank space where the cover art for a trailer would be on the screen but at least you don't see trailers. 

Happy2Play

Thanks for that. While it does work, you now have a blank space where the cover art for a trailer would be on the screen but at least you don't see trailers. 

Really I will look again but I don't get that behavior in Stable, Beta or Dev with that custom css.

mgworek

Maybe it just doesn't have anything else to suggest? I had 2 blank spaces after on 2 rows I now had trailers before.

Screen shots attached.

post-9074-0-32201200-1472673175_thumb.png

post-9074-0-98406900-1472673180_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Here is another screenshot with custom css removing trailers.  Compared to post #16.

57c735d609622_ccss.jpg

And this for "If you Like........."

#similarContent [data-type="Trailer"] {display: none;}

Happy2Play

Maybe it just doesn't have anything else to suggest? I had 2 blank spaces after on 2 rows I now had trailers before.

Possibly, if you refresh the page sometimes there are different or more options.

Edited by Happy2Play

mgworek

I had trouble applying the code you listed above. It took like 5 tries for some reason. I then removed it to take those screen caps and now I can't add it back. I hit save and the page refreshes instead of saying settings saved. I don't know how I got it to work the first time it finally saved. Any thoughts? I had no problem with the css to make my login screen smaller that someone posted yesterday. Tried in Safari and Chrome.

I've tried 

#loginPage {

width: 50%;
    position: fixed;
    left: 25%;
}

#suggestionsTab [data-type=Trailer] {display: none;}

and also 

#loginPage {
}

#suggestionsTab
[data-type=Trailer]
{display: none;}
Edited by mgworek

Happy2Play

I had trouble applying the code you listed above. It took like 5 tries for some reason. I then removed it to take those screen caps and now I can't add it back. I hit save and the page refreshes instead of saying settings saved. I don't know how I got it to work the first time it finally saved. Any thoughts? I had no problem with the css to make my login screen smaller that someone posted yesterday. Tried in Safari and Chrome.

I've tried 

#loginPage {

}

#suggestionsTab [data-type=Trailer] {display: none;}

and also 

#loginPage {
}

#suggestionsTab
[data-type=Trailer]
{display: none;}

OT: You may need to clear your browser cache, but not seeing any issues with this on stable, beta or dev versions.

At Emby, we care about the community, and about doing it your way, and that's why the next release of Emby Server will add an option to disable external content in suggestions. Enjoy.

• Like 8

jscoys

At Emby, we care about the community, and about doing it your way, and that's why the next release of Emby Server will add an option to disable external content in suggestions. Enjoy.

Best answer ever [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

What is meant by external content? External to the server or external to the library? Though it is a big improvement if trailers aren't included as suggestions.

What is meant by external content? External to the server or external to the library? Though it is a big improvement if trailers aren't included as suggestions.

External to the library.

Say you are, connecting to a remote server. Since internet trailers are also remote, has this been accounted for? Will this cause problems for users of remote servers in regard to suggestions? I think basically, I am asking the same question above, where the answer is external. But external can be a remote server. This needs more clarification. The way it is worded worries me that remote users will get no suggestions, trailers or otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Say you are, connecting to a remote server. Since internet trailers are also remote, has this been accounted for? Will this cause problems for users of remote servers in regard to suggestions? I think basically, I am asking the same question above, where the answer is external. But external can be a remote server. This needs more clarification. The way it is worded worries me that remote users will get no suggestions, trailers or otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That shouldn't be an issue.  The "external" classification would be from the point of view of the server, not the client/app.

That shouldn't be an issue. The "external" classification would be from the point of view of the server, not the client/app.

True. Since the payload the server generates is basing it on the client/app though. I am asking is it just filter off locationtype=remote? When making the json payload is this filtering done after(based on client) or before(based on server)? If it is after, this is what will cause problems. Or is "external" using some other means than locationtype? Edited by speechles

horstepipe

nice, can every user set this option or is it a general server option?

Would be nice if every user could decide seperately as long as there are no technically barriers.

Regards

Happy2Play

Implemented in current beta/dev.  Library-Display menu

Enable external content in suggestions
Allow internet trailers and live tv programs to be included within suggested content.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

What a legend! I love it! It was really bothering me thanks for fixing it!