Roku ISO Streaming starts playing at random locations instead of the beginning

toddla

I have all of my DVDs ripped into folder structures.  They show up just fine in the Roku Media Browser channel and will playback without any quality issues.  The problem I'm having is every video seems to begin playing at a random location instead of the beginning of the film despite clicking the Play or Play from Beginning (if I've tried to play it before) buttons in the interface.  I know the rips are good for several reasons - 1) up until finding MB, I was using MyMovies without an issue and 2) playback seems to work fine from within the Windows Media Center MB client.  I suspect the issue has something to do with the transcode, but I'm not sure what else to do to try and resolve the issue at this point.

Until we get better dvd support it will be the same. Sorry we are working on it. Yes it is the transcode recognition of the main movie is the issue. 

Gotcha.  I'm glad to know you guys are working on it.  I really like the application thus far.  Any guess of when you might have additional support?  Happy to help with beta testing in this area when the time comes.

Comparing my movies and wmc to roku is apples to oranges. They are playing the dvd directly without transcoding. You can do that in Media Browser Classic and it will play just fine. Transcoding dvd's is a whole other ballgame. Even with the limited support we have, we've still gotten further than anyone else.

• Like 1