NowTV (Black) Playback Corruption.

android-808

Swynol

if anyone can help that would be awesome. here is a new log after downloading the latest ffmpeg and testing quicksync.

at about 2mins in it starts artifacting. around 10mins later the Roku becomes unresponsive and i have to hard reset it.

Video showing the issue

https://youtu.be/M7sK27n2QHA

ffmpeg.txt

server log.txt

Swynol

I have been using that version without quick sync for months and been having the issue. So I tried today the new version of ffmpeg with and without quick sync and same problem.

It's strange I have 2 nowtv boxes and both have the same problem but only when connected to one of my TVs. If I connect either to another TV all works fine. I can stream to any other device, iOS, web, android etc with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

android-808

Still the same.  Your video of the issue is what I'm seeing, but a little more severe and my corruption tends to be more green than grey. 

I haven't had time to go through the library finding all of the videos it happens on to provide more sample mediainfo output.  I know the main test file does it at the beginning but for two files (one dvd rip 480p ac3 and one 720p hdtv ac3) it appears about 3/4 of the way through.  For the moment I'm having to use Plex Classic still when I want to watch something or sit at the PC.  I've tried latest git snapshot of the roku app and speechles version a few time since in case there has been a server side issue that is fixed in the beta channel but the output is still the same.

I want to get a proper Roku device as opposed to the NowTV version soon to be able to get more content (Amazon) but I refuse to buy the current UK models based on the age and the announcement of new models in the US which I hope are released here as well.  Still, if there's a Black Friday offer I may pick up a SmartBox version so I can try it on that.

Swynol

ok thanks for the update android-808. I have a Roku 2xs. At the moment its plugged into a different TV and is working fine. The box is in the attic so when i go up there to get the xmas decorations down i will test it on the TV that seems to break all the other boxes. 

I have a few videos where i get the corruption for a few seconds at the start of the video then the rest plays fine. However most my TV series which have been ripped with 5.1 DD is where i see the corruption above. it starts off like that at around 2mins in, if i keep watching it gets worse where i see more grey and eventually crashes the roku.

android-808

I picked up a smart box today as it was on offer.  My test video seems to be playing back ok with the new box. 

A new issue that has developed as a result of recent upgrades (tested with latest git snapshot on both black and Smart Box version and an older snapshot pulled 30 aug) is any video requiring transcode takes around 30s to start compared to 3~5 previously.

Edited by android-808

Swynol

installed my new NowTV Smart box tonight and i've tested a few files which i knew 100% had issues with playback before. I can happily report all of them have worked fine so far. 

My only issue now is the problem with when it comes to the end of a TV episode or Film it jumps back to the middle of the film. only happens to transcoded stuff.