Latest Movies List

tiwiliger

tiwiliger

Apologies if I am wrong and there is a simple setting for this or if this has been discussed elsewhere, but for the Emby Theater client, is it possible to have the date added list (Latest Movies) displayed as a category (i.e. together with collections, unwatched, genres etc)? I understand that a small list is on the first page as Latest Movies but this list is far too short (and there is no MORE option to expand this list) and would like to browse through a substantial part of my library in this sort order. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• Like 8

Guest asrequested

I'd like that, too. Just a list we can look at. This would also be great for people who record a lot of shows. Maybe at the top of the recently added section, there should be a see more option and be able to select a length of time. Maybe something like, Today, This Week, This Month, or Today, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days.

Jack Burton

I'd like this as well. Even if it was as simple as a "more" button. I was playing with the Windows 10 app for the first time (it looks really sharp) and the latest movies on that app breaks it up into chunks. Added today, added yesterday, last week, last month, etc. I think it goes back as far as "more than 6 months ago". It's a nice feature

• 3 months later...
usuallee

I would absolutely love that as well. I do feel the latest movies is far too short, only 12. Especially when you navigate to the end and you have half the screen as blank space. Cheers!

usuallee

I would absolutely love that as well. I do feel the latest movies is far too short, only 12. Especially when you navigate to the end and you have half the screen as blank space. Cheers!

Edit:sorry about the double post

Edited by usuallee

• 1 month later...

This feature has been available for years if you use the WMC version. All you need to do is open the movie list, it defaults to sorting by date added. I can't replicate that either on emby theater. In any way.

Edited by gnollo

I just tested it on my FireHD box and it also allows me to sort the All Movies view by date added. What is the problem in doing that via Emby Theater?

Chillout

This is a brilliant idea!  If you can sort it different ways (ie. by date or popularity (rotten tomato rating or something)  it would provide something similar to the 'Redbox' experience where maybe you dont know what to watch so it gives you a bunch of suggestions.

http://www.redbox.com/physical-browse/most-popular#

• 11 months later...

Emby Theater now has sorting, filtering, and view settings on just about every screen. You can now enjoy:

• Sort order remembered
  • Filters remembered
  • Choose between poster view and list view
  • In poster view you can choose the image you want to use (primary, thumb, etc)
  • You can even hide the title underneath posters if you want

Enjoy.