Search for tags

MSL_DK

I don't know if this topic has been discussed. But I could wish there was an opportunity to search for tags. I could also wish when starting typing in tags, that there came up suggestion for tags that you already have typed in other movies.

Edited by JLPFLD
  • Like 2

Aussiedroid

I like this idea! This would be super addition to the metadata for me. Would allow you to group movies on certain critera rather like a sub-genre or virtual category not just by genre. Would help find something you are in the mood to watch.

Then I could add special sorting tags for things like:

Car Chases

Sword Fights

Dragons

Superheroes

Zombies

Vampires

Award Winning Movie

Stoner Movie

Based on Book

Social Political Story

Boobs

Spys

Star Trek

Just a few that come to mind.

Not sure if a special tab would be best setup but cant think of a better solution myself. Would be good to visualise the tag swarm somehow though and not just utilise a search box.

Cheers!

Edited by Aussiedroid

• 1 year later...
z0mbi

This idea would be fantastic. I found this thread because I was searching on here to see if there was a way to search tags. Currently, I do not like the fact that I do not have more specific genre's in my collection, like 'Asian Cinema', 'Samurai', 'Martial Arts', etc. yet my collection is far too large for me to even consider manually adding genres to all of these movies. I noticed the tags all have this specific categorical information, but when I search for those tags in the search field, I don't get those results.

So, a way to search tags would be super useful.

• 3 months later...

I agree... What's the point of having tags as a metadata item if it isn't usable?!?

Same goes with favourite'ing something - the filter isn't even recursive.