Android - User accounts

robertn78

robertn78

Hello,

In WMC MediaBrowser 2, the elevated account would be kicked off after a set amount of time.  Is there a way to have the same feature for the Android Client?

Thank you!

Redshirt

At this point the user accounts don't log out after a period of inactivity. If there's more demand for it, I'll look into it.

robertn78

Maybe it could just take you back to the user screen (not interrupting playing content of course).  With a message that says user time has been expired.

Should this be in a general forum?  It should be in all of the editions.  Setup in the server.

• 3 weeks later...
robertn78

Because it should be set in the server? Shouldn't it?

Also, is there a way so when you back out using back it backs out to the user screen before it backs out of the app.  Maybe it could also ask "press back again to exit" or "press ok to exit" too.  I have seen this on other apps.  Because i keep backing all the way out of the app.

Redshirt

I do think if login restrictions, if enabled, should be a feature of the server. 

I've thought about adding a blocking dialog when backing out. Interestingly enough the Plex Android app removed theirs. I can only assume it was due to user complaint.

trusselo

what would the benefit of this feature be?

why do you want to be kicked out after some time?   what about the users that check, 'keep me logged in' in the android app?  

• Like 1

trusselo

it would be more useful to block certain users after a certain time.  block dumb-dumb after 10:00pm

so those damn kids arent watching their do-dads when they are supposed to be sleeping.

Send message " Go To Bed " (with custom image)

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
robertn78

My wife is really bad about backing out of the user account.  My Android is attached to the TV so the kids have access to it.  The Media Browser 2 was great because it would automatically lock the PG and higher movies after 3 hours of logging in.  No need to re-lock the library.  This was long enough to watch a standard movie and have some time to start another.  MB2 more of a library control system on top of Windows Media Center.  I think the Parental Controls were built into WMC.  But anyway, if the movie was loaded, it would not stop in the middle if the library got locked, you just could not view the content (in the library) PG and above till you unlocked it again.  One issue I did find with that set up was if a PG or higher movie played and the library was locked, you could play it again by pressing play on the remote, and it would play.  But that was outside of MB2 and the kids never figured it out.  My son gets up sometimes at 5am and sneaks downstairs to watch TV / Movies.  That is why I would like to see the timer available in MB3.

Should I post this in the Server area?

Redshirt

Definitely more of a server request otherwise each client has to role their own functionality.