Web Client and Subtitles

ulrick65

ulrick65

I am using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.72 m

The subtitles display all the time.  If I click the subtitles button, it brings up the list of sub titles available (there is only one) and it has a red check beside it.  How do I turn subtitle off?  I have tried selecting it (thinking it would toggle off of course), but that does nothing.

Anyone see the same thing or is something with my setup?

Thanks.

i need to add a no subtitles option to that menu but in the meantime it is going off of your user profile settings

ulrick65

I set my profile to "Display Forced Subtitles Only" and it shut them off...but then if I click on the menu and select the subtitles, the video goes black and never comes back (hangs).

Solves the issue for now as I don't need the subtitles, but I figured I would let you know about the freezing issue.

Thanks.

bloodtaker

for mine it freezes for a moment or 2 and then comes back 

im using google chrome as well 

which makes me wonder if it is a setting inside of chrome that is causing your hang issue

This is really obscure but..

What stream number do the subtitles appear at when you look at the media info for the file?

No i mean what stream number is the text stream

eg 

0 video

1 audio

2 text

or 

0 text

1 video

3 Audio

If you use media info you can see the stream numbers (next to the ID)

If you switch the view down the bottom right to text you will see something like below the green rectangle are the values I am after for each stream in the file.

52d4a901277a1_mi.jpg

we've put in some fixes for the next server release. it might not be worth chasing after something that's alrready been fixe.d

If I click the subtitles button, it brings up the list of sub titles available (there is only one) and it has a red check beside it

Ya this bit interests me. I can repo it if the subs are listed as the first track eg 0:0 just trying to see if this is in fact the cause.

Edit: well actually i haven't tested it since we made those changes but still interested.

Edited by Tikuf

Ok cool rules out what i was looking at. As luke prev mentioned there are sub fixes in coming server release if you can hold off and test with that and we can go from there.

kreeturez
i need to add a no subtitles option to that menu but in the meantime it is going off of your user profile settings

Alternatively just toggle it (ie if click ticked sub entry, then untick it).

Subs in general work amazingly in the web client, very nice indeed.

• 1 month later...
Ghostm

Would the server ever be able to detect forced subtitles? Or would that be very difficult to accomplish.

LAV can detect forced streams. I generally rip my movies and such as 1:1 mkv's, so they have subtitles, just not a forced stream downloaded from a website. 

I tried game of thrones to test, and theirs alot of forced subtitles in those episodes, but the web client did not detect them. It wasnt hard to turn them on, but then i get the full stream. LAV can detect the forced flag, I believe xbmc added this recently as well and they use ffmpeg, so Im not sure if its possible though at the server level. 

Ghostm

I should also specify im refering to forced pgs subtitles embedded in a subtitle stream like most blurays.