Quick Delete Media Button for watched TV recordings

vaise

vaise

We use Roku's for watching TV recordings.  Once watched, the delete option is quite convoluted.  On normal emby app - down, down, down, ok for more, down, down, ok to delete, ok to confirm delete, ok to confirm file deleted (9 key depressions).  On Blue Nean Night - it is and extra two downs - 11 key depressions -  Its a real pain.  

I guess it is to stop users accidentally deleting their real media library items but this is not how a 'Normal' PVR would operate.   I have configured my user to be the only one that can delete.  Ideally, Id like the security to allow deletions per Emby Library - i.e only from specific libraries, or only from the live TV (in my case, the NextPVR plugin).  

Id also like a quick delete option on the first screen once the show is stopped, and not the multiple confirmations stuff.

In summary, on live TV section, recording, finish watching, click delete, click OK to confirm.  Job done.

Thanks.

• Like 4

While I havent done exactly that, I have adjusted how the "delete item" button is shown. It will check if there is enough room for delete to show on the main button menu, instead of the more menu. This reduces clicks when it can. If there isnt enough room it is in its normal place in the more menu. I will have a new blue neon version up shortly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
tpchristian

I like both aspects of this and I think both are equally good/important...

• Quick way to delete recorded TV
  • More granular control of delete privilidge so that I can grant users the ability to delete a recorded TV show without accidentally deleting a movie.
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

I like both aspects of this and I think both are equally good/important...

• Quick way to delete recorded TV
  • More granular control of delete privilidge so that I can grant users the ability to delete a recorded TV show without accidentally deleting a movie.

I think you have this - I have only given myself (in users) the ability to delete and ONLY for RecordedTV library.  No-one can delete media from any other library, including me.