Using a mouse on the progress bar in TV mode

Guest asrequested

Hmm. Surprising you don't notice it. Brand new Windows PC and ET installation over here (Win10 x64). On my first attempt to click the seek bar forward it did the behavior as seen in Doofus' post #5.

Successive attempts seem to work with maybe 75% success rate..but if you attempt to click again in the same spot where this issue is exhibited it never works. You need to move your cursor out of the "problem area" and into the next sweet spot.

This issue also appears when attempting to skip backwards in playback.

Guest asrequested

I really can't reproduce this. Seeking is very easy on the latest version of the app.

Could it be GPU related? Or is it more likely to be windows related? I get this on both machines, and both are win 10 with intel HD 530 GPUs

Doubt it. There's Intel 4 series integrated graphics on this PC. Of the other 2 machines where I've experienced this many times, 1 has a Nvidia gpu card and the other has an ATI card ;)

Guest asrequested

Luke, is there some debugging we can provide? If I remember correctly, isn't there a way to enable debugging in the ET logs? Would this help you in any way?

Guest asrequested

Ok, I think I'm narrowing this down. I just did some testing. I presently have my display scaled to 125% (the problem is very evident), but if I change the scaling to 100% (the recommended scale), it's greatly improved. The progress bar is jerky when you click, and still doesn't always go where you've clicked, but most of the time it does work. @@Luke there have been several issues reported that have been scaling related. There does seem to be some kind of issue in that area. I hope this helps you figure this out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me, I am always at 100% and the problem still occurs...really super annoying

Yeah, as I said, it doesn't fix it but I did see improvement. I was hoping it would point Luke in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

@@Luke I really hate to be a pain, but this really needs to get resolved. I'm trying to be patient, but as Theater is my primary app, I/we need this to be fixed!

Guest asrequested

What exactly happens?

When playing a movie/video, if we want to simply skip to a specific part using the progress bar, most of the time it won't do it. It's like it just gets stuck.

Here's another example for you @@Luke

58425a503cfcb_Capture_6.gif

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Thanks. Please try again tomorrow.

@@Luke, now clicking on the progress bar doesn't work at all. Placing the cursor over the bar, it's non-reactive, i.e. the cursor doesn't switch from arrow to hand (this doesn't show in the GIF, as the screen capture doesn't record cursor change). You can see that when I click on the bar, nothing happens.

58446bc2d2127_Capture_7.gif

The app.emby.media webapp works fine for me now in Chrome/FF. Admittedly, I hardly use that website, so I am unsure if had already been fixed there before last night's patch.

The Emby Theater app for Windows still presents the same behavior even after reinstalling. I don't think it got updated?

diaz1510

Still does it for me as well.  Looks like I'm on still on the same version as yesterday.  My Emby Theater version is showing to be 2.5.30, been that since at least yesterday.

• Like 1

Still does it for me as well.  Looks like I'm on still on the same version as yesterday.  My Emby Theater version is showing to be 2.5.30, been that since at least yesterday.

Yeah I reinstalled and still 2.5.30

Guest asrequested

I don't think this will be a 'version' update. I think Luke is just tweaking it (in true wizard behind the curtain, style), just like UI updates. They 'just happen'.

I'm switching over to Emby Theater (thanks Luke for help in all my threads).

I tried this on my Desktop system that has current Theater and Server stable builds. It's an i5 system using HD4600 graphics if that matters at all, on Win 7 x64.

I see the same "click on the progress bar and it recognizes the location but doesn't jump there, basically ignoring you" issue as described and video captured here.

A possibly new element that I notice is that if I click and it gives the problem, if I don't move the mouse even a single pixel, and click repeatedly, it always ignores me. If I move the mouse even a tiny bit so that I'm clicking on an ever so slightly different timepoint on the progress bar, the video will most likely will move to there successfully. Not sure if this is really a new observation but maybe it will help.

(edit: a few hours passed then:)

For what it may be worth I just now installed ET on my new Win 10 home Tronsmart Ara X5 plus which will soon be my main home theater endpoint box. The system is "virgin" in that the only other thing I've installed on it is the HDHomerun software.  Anyway, it did not show the problem described in this thread. Not sure what the difference is between systems, but it's just one more data point.

Marc

Edited by Marc_G