Show your desktop

LiquidFX

fantaxp7

Started to play around with rainmeter.

Not sure why there's white marks all over my photo...

52e681455f728_Screenshot20140121193200.p

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
LiquidFX

Update: The 2 movie posters rotate between all of the folders on my HTPC - by clicking on the MB3 logo it will launch into the web browser

15004455512_4502fe6262_o.jpg

shaefurr

Changed mine a bit a while back as well. Dont mind the low GPU core clock, HWinfo is being dumb.

53f8117170a77_Desktop.jpg

Swynol

My Desk, from left to right, Work Laptop, Monitor to plug other peoples equipment into, my main 24", Secondary 19", Xbox One 21"

53f88f1deaed9_unnamed.jpg

• 1 month later...
MrWebsmith

Ha! I like how Cortana ended up on Lara's...

lol.. first thing i thought as well..giant cortana nipple

I either have some of my graphic work or one of my cruising pics (I live on a boat) up. 21' monitor run from my laptop through a Toshiba Dynadock USB hub (gives me a secure VGA connection and 5.1 channel sound).

With limited space (3'x2'), I'm working on a remote location for my 3 laptops (32bit 7 Home & Pro, 64bit 7 Pro) and then switching between them using the Dynadock.

542962d84814c_006.jpg

I have the taskbar on auto-hide.

Edited by PBzeer

shaefurr

Changed mine once again, actually put some work into redoing rainmeter this time.

542dba9627b66_screen1.jpg

542dba9d1e22f_screen2.jpg

• Like 2

jluce50

Changed mine once again, actually put some work into redoing rainmeter this time.

I really like this. Any chance you'd be willing to share your Rainmeter skin? Any what is that Windows theme called?

Edited by jluce50
  • Like 1

shaefurr

The windows theme is Abisso 2014 I also switch between 2 other dark themes Grey 8 and Chameleon. You'll have to run a theme patcher and replace some windows dll's before installing the themes, the instructions are on the download page along with in the actual download as well I believe.

Along with the dark themes I also use the transparency tool that is bundled with the Abisso 2014 theme, it has a few slight bugs but works pretty well.

Here's the wallpaper with the labels im using, and the original if you want to rearrange rainmeter. With labels / Original

And finally here's my rainmeter, which is a cut and paste mess of 9 different suites lol. Here's the Download

I'm quite sure I packed the skin wrong, if it doesnt work after you install it, go into your documents/rainmeter/skins folder, then open the rainmeter folder and move the 9 skin folders up one folder into the rainmeter/skins folder.

Also made a few minor color changes since earlier and added a cpu/ram monitor

542e29a2b70fa_screen3.jpg

EDIT: Oh I also forgot to include the font, itsUbuntu And I have the PSD of the wallpaper with the labels if you want that to move or edit them, just let me know.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

jluce50
Alright, I've been using Rainmeter for years but I decided I needed a fresh look. After quite a bit of tinkering I think I'm almost there (HA!). Still working on prettying up the sabnzbd monitor, but I'm pretty happy with everything else.

gWoUE2E.jpg

jluce50

Okay, I've been tinkering with this all day and I think I've finally got it the way I want it. I made a new Spotify controller skin that hides when Spotify is closed. The SABnzbd rows now automatically hide until something is being downloaded.

aWfu7K1.jpg

• Like 3

fantaxp7

One thing that bothers me with the rainmeter and the add on that lets you make shortcuts out of text is that you have to click exactly on the letters or it won't launch. Is there any work around so you can just click generally over the letters?

Okay, I've been tinkering with this all day and I think I've finally got it the way I want it. I made a new Spotify controller skin that hides when Spotify is closed. The SABnzbd rows now automatically hide until something is being downloaded.

How did you get the track name to center over the buttons like that? I've tried myself, but whenever I use "StingAlign=Center", the left side of the text is cut off at the 0,0 position of the controller

Untitled.jpg

jluce50

How did you get the track name to center over the buttons like that? I've tried myself, but whenever I use "StingAlign=Center", the left side of the text is cut off at the 0,0 position of the controller

Untitled.jpg

Yeah, that part was a bit frustrating. When you change StringAlign to Center, what happens is the X coordinate is changed to refer to the center of the string (as opposed to the left edge). So if you have a skin with a width of 1200, you'd want to change the X value for the string to 600.

Edited by jluce50

Yeah, that part was a bit frustrating. When you change StringAlign to Center, what happens is the X coordinate is changed to refer to the center of the string (as opposed to the left edge). So if you have a skin with a width of 1200, you'd want to change the X value for the string to 600.

Awesome, Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
pmac

I like the look of your desktop @@shaefurr! Any chance I could steal your GPU plugin? I'm still new to rainmeter, and your's looks way better than mine haha :)

• Like 2

shaefurr

I like the look of your desktop @@shaefurr! Any chance I could steal your GPU plugin? I'm still new to rainmeter, and your's looks way better than mine haha :)

lol ya takes some messing around to get it the way you like it, its just a modded information overload. Download link is back on post #63, and here: https://www.mediafire.com/?23591tvzm71txgt

You'll need to get hwinfo and the hwinfo rainmeter skin

Install the modded skin from me, install hwinfo(only need to run the sensors), install the hwinfo rainmeter skin, then go to \Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\@Resources\HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer.exe

Once its open you can see all the hwinfo sensor ID's for your GPU, you'll need to edit the skin from me and replace the values to get it to show info on your GPU.

If you get stuck somewhere lemme know.

If you use the newest version of the hwinfo skin, you'll have 3-4 fields to change per setting instead of 1.

When you edit the information overload skin, you'll see fields like this

[GPU_TEMP]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=0xe0002000
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0x1000000
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue

Which you can see in the hwinfo viewer they match.

54f918faf2c22_hwinfoscreen.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

pmac

lol ya takes some messing around to get it the way you like it, its just a modded information overload. Download link is back on post #63, and here: https://www.mediafire.com/?23591tvzm71txgt

You'll need to get hwinfo and the hwinfo rainmeter skin

Install the modded skin from me, install hwinfo(only need to run the sensors), install the hwinfo rainmeter skin, then go to \Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\@Resources\HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer.exe

Once its open you can see all the hwinfo sensor ID's for your GPU, you'll need to edit the skin from me and replace the values to get it to show info on your GPU.

If you get stuck somewhere lemme know.

If you use the newest version of the hwinfo skin, you'll have 3-4 fields to change per setting instead of 1.

When you edit the information overload skin, you'll see fields like this

[GPU_TEMP]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=0xe0002000
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0x1000000
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue

Which you can see in the hwinfo viewer they match.

54f918faf2c22_hwinfoscreen.jpg

Thanks man! I've actually been playing with information overload, I figured that's what yours was based off of. i haven't been able to get it to show any of my CPU/GPU info for some reason, I'm gonna try using the HWiNFO 1.0 skin, to see if it works any better for me

• Like 1