Show your desktop

LiquidFX

Koleckai Silvestri

Rarely see my desktop so it is currently very basic. Though, I've been wanting to get a third monitor for awhile. 22.5" for the left side to even things out.

UYZgAh0.jpg

Edited by Wayne Luke

shaefurr

I just reformatted last week so I don't have a lot back on my desktop yet.

7u6c.jpg

m3ji.jpg

shaefurr

Now you guys got me hooked on rainmeter, ive spent way to much time now browsing through skins and piecing them together :P

Yes it is the 2333.

The top monitor is sitting on a home-built stand (a triangle of plywood and three 2x4s) behind the middle monitor.  Nothing fancy but quite functional.

Pretty much a mess and not sure why anyone would want to see it, but here it is ;)

5276a6e8c6189_untidy.jpg

That's what happens when you put so much of your time into MediaBrowser, and is greatly appreciated.  Love the quad setup, as I type this on my single screen  :(

LiquidFX

Pretty much a mess and not sure why anyone would want to see it, but here it is ;)

5276a6e8c6189_untidy.jpg

what kind of power does your machine have?

Recently replaced the power supply with a 550 (the original one died).  I only have an SSD and two video cards in the machine so I don't really even need that much.

Tanamur

Post a screenshot of your desktop setup

my laptop setup

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.jpg

Accomplished using RocketDock and Rainmeter

Thanks for sharing @@LiquidFX - I was just re-reading all of the debate over desktop gadget security and MS encouraging users to stop installing them. I had a good read through the Getting Started section at the Rainmeter website. I quite like your skin/desktop. Is that your own design (hint, hint)? Cheers

ebr, how well does MBT works on a secondary screen? And how would the input work (ie: IR remote control for example)?

Sorry, that pic was a little tongue-in-cheek.  That is my development workstation (and also doubles as a trading platform sometimes).  My actual MB implementations are on single HTPCs and a Roku and you never see the desktop really.

LiquidFX

Thanks for sharing @@LiquidFX - I was just re-reading all of the debate over desktop gadget security and MS encouraging users to stop installing them. I had a good read through the Getting Started section at the Rainmeter website. I quite like your skin/desktop. Is that your own design (hint, hint)? Cheers

No its not my own design, I have used a few different skins to accomplish this look.

Do I need a Jacket?

Date, Time and Weather

Enigma

5276a6e8c6189_untidy.jpg

So we finally see the masters domain :)

fantaxp7

Post a screenshot of your desktop setup

my laptop setup

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.jpg

Accomplished using RocketDock and Rainmeter

I realllly like this look a lot.

I always find it hard to take certain elements though from rain meter and have them not be redundant, for example how you have weather twice, the date twice and the time twice. :D

But still a really nice looking desktop.

Tanamur

No its not my own design, I have used a few different skins to accomplish this look.

Do I need a Jacket?

Date, Time and Weather

Enigma

Great that gives me a lot to work with. As you say, this can become addictive. Below is my first pass with detox_by_sn37-d6uurrq and happy_new_year_2014_by_darkeagle2011-d703z59  :P

52d5b85ea8e88_1stpass.jpg

photo.JPG

It would seem my picture is rather large...

Edited by chef

LiquidFX

I realllly like this look a lot.

I always find it hard to take certain elements though from rain meter and have them not be redundant, for example how you have weather twice, the date twice and the time twice. :D

But still a really nice looking desktop.

I have since changed mine a bit more, I have the weather on there twice so I have a quick easy view of current weather and a detailed 3 day view

11953137974_7810d1f86b_b.jpg

Edited by LiquidFX

shaefurr

Still playing with the skins in rainmeter and I want to make icons for rocketdock, but this is how I have it at the moment.

52d613ef6ca9e_desktop1.jpg