F-Series reboots when Emby app starts

bazzabent

bazzabent

Issue description:

I've installed the app on my f-series tv (UA32F4500) but every time I start the app, the screen goes black and the tv restarts. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but always get the same result

Steps to reproduce:

Installed app as per instructions. Start app, tv restarts.

My TV/HTS/BD Player model number

Samsung f-series UA32F4500

My firmware version:

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on:

My Emby server version:

My current Emby Samsung client version:

(173.230.139.54): 2.1.3

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in:

(82.27.106.58): 2.2.0

Supporting information to include logs and pictures where applicable:

bazzabent

Thank you for the reply. I did update the software this morning (if that's the same thing?) I'll try install the app again now that I have done that and see if I still have the same problem.

Hi @@bazzabent

I'm sorry the app did not work for you. I think you may be the first person to test it on that particular model. There may be some incompatibility that has not shown up on other models.

• Like 1

bazzabent

Hi @@bazzabent

I'm sorry the app did not work for you. I think you may be the first person to test it on that particular model. There may be some incompatibility that has not shown up on other models.

Yeah, I've tried everything but unfortunately it just shuts down the tv and reboots it, so sadly I have to stop trying :(

FrostByte

Have you tried the SD version to see if that works any better for you?  Maybe your Hub doesn't support 1080p posters and backgrounds causing it to crash.   That version won't effect streaming media, it's just all the images in your movie folder are shown in SD.

@@bazzabent I think the legacy install point is down at the moment so I've put version 1.0.6 up on my beta site for you to try. Install it from 82.27.106.58 and let me know how it goes.

Edited by cmcg

bazzabent

@@bazzabent I think the legacy install point is down at the moment so I've put version 1.0.6 up on my beta site for you to try. Install it from 82.27.106.58 and let me know how it goes.

Thank you, but sadly it still gives me the same result. I even reset the tv just to make sure it wasn't a setting I may have fiddled with. I will keep trying different options and see what gives. It may however just be this particular model that has a problem with the Emby app.

Thank you, but sadly it still gives me the same result. I even reset the tv just to make sure it wasn't a setting I may have fiddled with. I will keep trying different options and see what gives. It may however just be this particular model that has a problem with the Emby app.

It seems that way. Sorry for that.

SamES

From the specs on the Samsung site, I expect this is your problem:

Resolution

1366 x 768

• Like 1

bazzabent

From the specs on the Samsung site, I expect this is your problem:

Resolution

1366 x 768

I guess I need a bigger tv then. Oh well :D Plex and Kodi still work 100%, I just thought I would give Emby a try as well. Works on my iPad.

SamES

I guess I need a bigger tv then. Oh well :D Plex and Kodi still work 100%, I just thought I would give Emby a try as well. Works on my iPad.

The Tizen release is based on Emby Theatre and I expect it would scale to fit the device, but I don't think a Tizen release will work for your device either.  Sorry.

Hi,

Same issue. Triying with stabe and beta app have same result, black and restart.

Installed, unistalled and re-installed again

The only diference is the TV model: UE32F4510.

This model as per specs, can handle up to 1080p

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Samsung f-series UE32F4510

My firmware version:

My Emby server version:

Hi,

Same issue. Triying with stabe and beta app have same result, black and restart.

Installed, unistalled and re-installed again

The only diference is the TV model: UE32F4510.

This model as per specs, can handle up to 1080p

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Samsung f-series UE32F4510

My firmware version:

My Emby server version:

I expect that it may be able to handle 1080p content by downscaling inputs (from DTV or HDMI) as the native resolution of this model is still only 1366x768.

http://www.s21.com/samsung-ue32f4510.htm

As this app is trying to do direct native playback, I expect it probably won't downscale for that.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ya, kind of upset myself at Samsung for not making evolution kits for my TV any more.  When I bought it they made it sound like the TV would be current for many years to come.  Now they are removing support for several apps it seems every couple of months.

• Like 1