Could some kind soul share their MCEBuddy settings for Emby

Chamo

I am looking to use MCEBuddy just to strip out commercials, not to do any transcoding. I am agnostic as to if it does any file/folder reorganization, as long as it works to see the files inside of Emby.

Could you please share:

• In Emby Settings
    • In Live TV settings
      • your default recording path
      • if you automatically orgnie recordings into exiting series folders in other libraries
    • In Library, display settings, do you display specials within seasons they aired in
    • In Auto-Organize, TV settings
      • If you enable new episode organization
      • What you use as your watch folder
      • What you sue as your episode file pattern
  • In MCEBuddy
    • What profile you use
    • What destination folder you use

Thanks!

kmarq13

I don't believe Emby supports any of the comskip files, so you have to physically remove them. Unlike Kodi which will read an edl file and use that to just jump over them.

If you want to remove the commercials without transcoding it will depend on what your source format is. There is an issue in FFmpeg that impacted me when I tried this. I had wtv files from WMC and tried to leave them as wtv files but with the commercials removed. That worked, however then I was unable to rewind or fast forward the show.

I'm running two jobs right now (I have Emby as my backend to a Kodi front end). For live TV that I know is watch then delete (most non-kids shows). I have a MCEBuddy job set to just identify commercials and create the edl file. It then leaves the show in the recorded tv folder for Kodi to pick up through the PVR addons.

For kids shows that I want to build a library of, I have it doing the commercial removal and then compressing to mp4. These shows then get put into my TV folder which is configured as a library in Emby. I have MCEBuddy renaming them to the standard Emby format so that they are immediately read in and ready to go once conversion is completed.

heerssimpson

I would also appreciate a step by step guide to getting mcebuddy and emby to play nice with each other. I am looking for the most simple solution. I was previously using mcebuddy with a WMC setup, it was very easy. Emby folder structure and metadata seem to complicate matters. 

Kmarq13, How do you get mcebuddy to differentiate between what-and-delete shows and kids shows? Also, how do you have mcebuddy renaming them to the standard emby format? 

Thanks.

kmarq13

Can't give you a step by step guide (and unfortunately can't get screenshots at the moment) but the official documentation is pretty good. Look at http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MCEBuddy%20Advanced%20Commands. You can set filters by show or channel, and the filters can be set to exclude things as well. So my plain commercial removal job excludes files with the kid's show names (ie Daniel Tiger) but includes all others. Then the job to convert to mp4 is setup the opposite.

There is also an option to rename files when doing the conversion. You can specify a format that gives the same naming scheme that Emby wants. I can try to grab some screenshots of my settings at some point. However, MCEBuddy has some tooltips that explain the various options. You just want something like %Showname%\%Showname% - S%Season%E%Episode% - %EpisodeName% 

That's probably not completely correct but something like that will get you an Emby readable name.

Vicpa

this is the naming string I use

\%showname%\Season %season%\S%season%##E%episode%## %showname% -%episodename%

an one more under advanced.

57beeca79d163_mcebuddy.png

lifespeed

So this won't work if the Emby server built-in OTA tuner interface and Emby Theater client for playback are used? Only Kodi client supports the commercial marking (EDL) files?

Any words of wisdom to share on:

• In Emby Live TV settings
    • Should I check "Automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format" or should I leave it to MCE Buddy to do that?
    • Should I check "Automatically organize recordings into existing series folders" or should I leave it to MCE Buddy to do that?
  • In Emby Auto-Organize TV settings
    • Should I check "Enable new episode organization" or leave it to MCE Buddy to do that?
    • Should I have the Watch folder pointed to the folder that MCE Buddy outputs files to?

• 1 year later...
ThePaladinTech

Any words of wisdom to share on:

• In Emby Live TV settings
    • Should I check "Automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format" or should I leave it to MCE Buddy to do that?
    • Should I check "Automatically organize recordings into existing series folders" or should I leave it to MCE Buddy to do that?
  • In Emby Auto-Organize TV settings
    • Should I check "Enable new episode organization" or leave it to MCE Buddy to do that?
    • Should I have the Watch folder pointed to the folder that MCE Buddy outputs files to?

I had an issue with "automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format" Recording three shows brought the system to it's knees when I was recording three shows. MCEBuddy I can tell it only 2 shows at a time, and schedule it for the middle of the night. see here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51003-high-cpu-usage/

Luke said they are working on building this in if I read his message right. 

For myself I am converting them to MKVs and adding chapters where the commercials are - I'll report back on how that works. I am pretty sure it works on xbox one and androidTV...

one more edit: Also for now I am leaving the original .ts file ... that way I think I will have options for new versions of emby

Edited by ThePaladinTech

maegibbons

I had an issue with "automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format" Recording three shows brought the system to it's knees when I was recording three shows. MCEBuddy I can tell it only 2 shows at a time, and schedule it for the middle of the night. see here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51003-high-cpu-usage/

Luke said they are working on building this in if I read his message right. 

For myself I am converting them to MKVs and adding chapters where the commercials are - I'll report back on how that works. I am pretty sure it works on xbox one and androidTV...

one more edit: Also for now I am leaving the original .ts file ... that way I think I will have options for new versions of emby

Interestingly, I have just set this all up myself in the last 24 hours.

A point to note is you can also specify in MCEBuddy how many processor cores to use so it is possible to balance the background and foreground tasks nicely.  I have limited MCEBuddy to utilise 4/8 cores.

Plus you can cut/mark the commercials at the same time as the transcode.

Also Handbrake is used in MCEBuddy and that correctly analyses HD Interlaced steams in the UK and PROPERLY utilizes Quicksync GPU HW Transcoding.

So all Good

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

• 2 years later...
Bartmoon

This helped A LOT if you have NVidia https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/ahf0l1/tutorial_on_setting_up_unlimited_transcodes_for/

Now my  machine is struggling with hard drive read/writes.

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Emby
CPU
Intel Xeon @ 2.30GHz
Haswell-E/EP 22nm Technology
Intel Xeon @ 2.30GHz
Haswell-E/EP 22nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z10PE-D16 Series (SOCKET 1)
%1 Chipset
Graphics
VX2858Sml (1920x1080@60Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (EVGA) 32 °C
Storage
2048GB Intel RS3DC080 SCSI Disk Device (RAID )  256G SSD Read/Write Cache
5402GB Intel RS3DC080 SCSI Disk Device (RAID )  256G SSD Read/Write Cache
476GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB (SATA (SSD)) 31 °C  System

I'm Handling 9 tuners recording and playing 2 streams.

My MCE runs on a faster machine, and can handle 6 transcodes to MKV at a time, but i only run 3 to not push it over 60% CPU. 

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Plex/MCEbuddy
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz 49 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1069MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z370-A (LGA1151) 29 °C
Graphics
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (EVGA) 34 °C
Storage
476GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C
5589GB Hitachi HGST HDN726060ALE610 (SATA ) 37 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 29 °C
2794GB Hitachi HGST HDN724030ALE640 (SATA ) 34 °C
3726GB Hitachi HGST HDN724040ALE640 (SATA ) 34 °C
3726GB Hitachi HGST HDN724040ALE640 (SATA ) 36 °C
Edited by Bartmoon