Emby and Kodi 17 Beta

hovedmannen

dcrdev

Don't know if it's worth mentioning this but the alpha version posted above crashes when playing music with Krypton - everything else including video playback seemed to work fine.

I know you're not supporting Krypton yet - the only reason I'm using it is because beta 1 was pushed out to the Fedora repos and I updated accidentally on my main system instead of the intended system.

Edited by dcrdev

im85288

I think it is useful to report your findings but as you said not to expect things to work correctly until RC1. Personally I'm stuck on Jarvis due to the Spotify addon (found in the beta repo) not working in krypton. Once that's resolved I'll be moving across.

shorty1483

I think it is useful to report your findings but as you said not to expect things to work correctly until RC1. Personally I'm stuck on Jarvis due to the Spotify addon (found in the beta repo) not working in krypton. Once that's resolved I'll be moving across.

Also still use Jarvis on productive system. The Emby addon seems not to pass all data for movies to Kodi DB, e.g. the release year in Krypton Beta.

xnappo

Not seeing any issue with missing songs with Kodi 17b1 and Emby for Kodi from Git.

I did find an issue that caused the sync thread to exit.

itemtypes.py 2305
        elif mediatype == "album":
            # Process playstates
            query = "UPDATE album SET iRating = ? WHERE idAlbum = ?"
            kodicursor.execute(query, (rating, kodiid))

iRating is now fRating.  I didn't check in change to fRating because I am not completely sure when it changed.  Will look and see how it is in 16.

[EDIT] Looks like a Krypton change - checked in.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

inzombyac

FYI for skinners: If anyone is using the plugin to get the Emby nodes path via:

Window(Home).Property(emby.nodes.X.path) 

The plugin is currently returning 

ActivateWindow(Video, library://video/emby...)

For Krypton it should be:

ActivateWindow(Videos, library://video/emby...)

You'll need to update videonodes.py line 212 and 322 to get the correct path.  

• Like 1

im85288

Nice tip...but if any skinners are still using that method of accessing the nodes they should migrate to using skin shortcuts for setting the custom nodes.

Hello devs,

I understand that there is no support for Krypton beta. However, I assume that I can still post some observations. 

I am experimenting with latest Kodi monthly beta and Emby 2.2.20 on a freshly installed 64 Bit Windows 10 Anniversary update environment.

Movies and Music are synched as in my productive Jarvis environment.

However I also have a "Home Video" folder that causes some problems. While this is synched fine in Jarvis, in Krypton only the folder is shown but there is no entry in it.

In case someone wants to dig deeper I am happy to provide logs.

Thanks for you hard work, the emby plugin is excellent for my needs

inzombyac

Nice tip...but if any skinners are still using that method of accessing the nodes they should migrate to using skin shortcuts for setting the custom nodes.

I do use skin shortcuts but have it automatically add all the nodes. See here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31681-automatic-homescreen-shortcut-creation/?p=304537

I haven't found an easier way to do it other than adding these to the main menu file.

Angelblue05

The code has already been changed by marcelveldt. This should already be part of the beta version 2.2.20. However, to apply it, you will need to run the refresh playlist/video nodes option by launching the emby add-on.

Now that I see this. It seems marcelveldt didn't actually target the Krypton version, but rather changed it as default. This will need to be corrected, surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

Now that I see this. It seems marcelveldt didn't actually target the Krypton version, but rather changed it as default. This will need to be corrected, surely.

One could hope this was just deprecated in 15/16 (both worked) and finally removed in 17?

Angelblue05

One could hope, but one needs to verify :)

Edit: Seems to work fine. However, just realized that line 322 is missing the change as suggested by @@inzombyac.

Edited by Angelblue05

• 2 weeks later...
hoppel118

Not seeing any issue with missing songs with Kodi 17b1 and Emby for Kodi from Git.

I did find an issue that caused the sync thread to exit.

itemtypes.py 2305
        elif mediatype == "album":
            # Process playstates
            query = "UPDATE album SET iRating = ? WHERE idAlbum = ?"
            kodicursor.execute(query, (rating, kodiid))

iRating is now fRating.  I didn't check in change to fRating because I am not completely sure when it changed.  Will look and see how it is in 16.

[EDIT] Looks like a Krypton change - checked in.

Today I updated the emby for kodi addon to version 2.2.21. After a reset of the local kodi database the issue with missing songs is solved.

Well done, thank you very much!

Greetings Hoppel

• Like 1

Guardian Hope

I pulled 2.2.25, or at least that's what it claimed, from the directory provided. Fixed a number of things actually and got base Emby actually working on Kodi 17. Items still come up as numbers (I'm guessing DB IDs) but once you click an ID it brings up what it actually is.

Odd thing I noticed, and it might be from me messing with the views settings xml but when I was just trying to get shots for the alpha update to AZ:FA that when using the Emby nodes only Thumbnail and List view are available although "all" is defined in views.xml whereas if it's the Kodi Library itself all views are available.

I'm just curious if that's a "to be expected thing" since obviously Emby isn't Kodi Krypton ready yet or if I'm going to have to go through a bunch of changes we made  :o

Angelblue05

I pulled 2.2.25, or at least that's what it claimed, from the directory provided. Fixed a number of things actually and got base Emby actually working on Kodi 17. Items still come up as numbers (I'm guessing DB IDs) but once you click an ID it brings up what it actually is.

Odd thing I noticed, and it might be from me messing with the views settings xml but when I was just trying to get shots for the alpha update to AZ:FA that when using the Emby nodes only Thumbnail and List view are available although "all" is defined in views.xml whereas if it's the Kodi Library itself all views are available.

I'm just curious if that's a "to be expected thing" since obviously Emby isn't Kodi Krypton ready yet or if I'm going to have to go through a bunch of changes we made  :o

What? I didn't understand a single thing. Can you maybe add some screenshots? ;)

Guardian Hope

What? I didn't understand a single thing. Can you maybe add some screenshots? ;)

That's alright @@Angelblue05, let's try this again with the screenshots you requested.

When viewing with Emby (i.e. the Emby library link for say "TV Shows") when you make it to episodes you get this:

7gQLcKl.jpg

And the view abilities when defined in a skin's "views.xml" as "all" (for testing) doesn't seem to effect Emby limiting it to just "List" or "Thumbnails" (that latter part might be our fault - we're looking into it but the former seems to be the addon).

Now, same spot except this time using the Kodi Library naively rather than using the Emby links:

0XkqNOF.jpg

In this situation, all view types are available as to be expected when defined in "views.xml" of a skin when defined as "all."

xnappo

@@Angelblue05 look at the top left icon in the first screenshot. Don't know how he achieved this, but it looks like Kodi thinks his episodes are actually music files.

@@Guardian Hope - did you reset your DB when you installed Kodi 17?  I don't see this problem.

• Like 2

Guardian Hope

That makes more sense, thank you :) Does it do this if you use estuary as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Angelblue05 - Actually, yes; once I was able to figure out how to get it to select the Emby Library rather than using Kodi's native it did the exact same thing. I didn't test Estouchy as I am obviously not using Kodi on a touch capable device.

@@Angelblue05 look at the top left icon in the first screenshot. Don't know how he achieved this, but it looks like Kodi thinks his episodes are actually music files.

@@pünktchen - That's a good catch. I didn't even notice that. That would explain why the skin brings up the Music view options interface rather than the traditional video hub view options interface. I have no idea how I was blind to that one.

Still, I'm not entirely certain how this was achieved.

@@Guardian Hope - did you reset your DB when you installed Kodi 17?  I don't see this problem.

@@xnappo - Indeed I did and in fact did it again just now (the Emby Kodi addon wasn't syncing the latest media from the server so while the rPi 3 running OSMC has the latest ITV episode of Victoria and TNT's The Last Ship, my Krypton test system did not). Resetting it seemed to fix that but for whatever reason, Kodi seems to be thinking episodes and movies are music files when accessed from the Emby links.

Both Movies and TV Episodes actually show the Music icon.

Edit - It seems that after a second restart of Kodi 17 (apparently the one was not enough), I got Esturay to display correctly.

Edited by Guardian Hope
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

So you went via Videos > Video add-on Emby > TV for example, drilled down to episode level and it looks messed up?

What about Videos > Video nodes > TV (Emby)

They both look fine to me

I don't have that issue whatsoever. The only thing that I can think of is the action of the shortcut may be defaulting to music rather than video? Is this still how Kodi krypton works to set shortcuts? ActivateWindow(10025... - Video, but ActivateWindow(10525... - Music

57d61c27b440f_screenshot017.png

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Guardian Hope

So you went via Videos > Video add-on Emby > TV for example, drilled down to episode level and it looks messed up?

What about Videos > Video nodes > TV (Emby)

They both look fine to me

I don't have that issue whatsoever. The only thing that I can think of is the action of the shortcut may be defaulting to music rather than video? Is this still how Kodi krypton works to set shortcuts? ActivateWindow(10025... - Video, but ActivateWindow(10525... - Music

57d61c27b440f_screenshot017.png

It seems you posted while I was editing and confirming @@Angelblue05

I went through the menu links and pressed backspace to finally find the Emby Library links. I figured out the missing step however that was afflicting my Kodi installation and it seems to be mentioned no where (perhaps a rare bug?).

In addition to resetting the database I had to recreate the Emby Shortcuts (it didn't matter which skin I recreated them in). Once that was done, Emby Libraries were recognized almost immediately as their correct content type:

CaSEJCk.jpg

d3btmFv.jpg

Although in doing so it looks like I broke one of the icons - the "HD" icon but I'm going to venture that's a skin problem although I would have assumed it would be all the same no matter whether it was the Kodi Native Library (which shows "HD") or the Emby Links (which doesn't show "HD") but correct me if I am totally off-base.

See missing HD flag now using versus the native Kodi Library:

0XkqNOF.jpg

Edited by Guardian Hope

Angelblue05

Odd because when we reset the database, we also delete the video nodes and playlists. So essentially running the task to refresh video nodes and playlist would have not done anything, unless this is not what you've done? Let me know as I plan to review this section of the code soon.

First thing for the HD would be to find what flag is missing for the skin to display the HD icon. Still not sure what we can do here, we don't build those listings - they are just video nodes, not plugin listings where the add-on controls the info associated to the listitem.

Guardian Hope

Odd because when we reset the database, we also delete the video nodes and playlists. So essentially running the task to refresh video nodes and playlist would have not done anything, unless this is not what you've done? Let me know as I plan to review this section of the code soon.

First thing for the HD would be to find what flag is missing for the skin to display the HD icon. Still not sure what we can do here, we don't build those listings - they are just video nodes, not plugin listings where the add-on controls the info associated to the listitem.

@@Angelblue05 - After resetting the database a second time as previously mentioned I had a look at two of the nodes on my home screen. The "Animation" label (not pictured here) actually pops up a small submenu on the home screen that links off to the divided "Animated Movies" and "Animated TV Shows" such as how the Emby Library is setup. Those links worked perfectly but it seems "Movies" and "TV Shows" did, as you see, somehow get set to "Music."

I had to do this (step-by-step in images; it didn't matter which skin I did them in either to fix it):

RuujG21.jpg

rznJ9gE.jpg

fq6Kj4B.jpg

qehqt8b.jpg

YWtS6Ex.jpg

The same had to be respectively done for TV Shows. Now keep in mind that according to Kodi, these actions were already being done when I clicked on the respectively non-working links.

As for the HD flags which are visible when browsing it as the Kodi Native Library, this is the section that won't display when browsing through Emby (do note that this snippet is actually for both when the skin has colored flags settings and when not):

<control type="label">
					<width>73</width>
					<height>46</height>
					<align>center</align>
					<aligny>center</aligny>
					<label>$VAR[HDSD]</label>
					<font>FlagHD</font>
					<textcolor>Dark1</textcolor>
					<visible>!substring(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets,left) + !Skin.HasSetting(furniture.flags.colour)</visible>
				</control>
				<control type="label">
					<width>73</width>
					<height>46</height>
					<align>center</align>
					<aligny>center</aligny>
					<label>$VAR[HDSD]</label>
					<font>FlagHD</font>
					<textcolor>$VAR[ColourHighlight2]</textcolor>
					<visible>!substring(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets,left) + Skin.HasSetting(furniture.flags.colour)</visible>
				</control>