Movies not Getting Added to Collections

MarcusJ
Go to solution Solved by Raven,

MarcusJ

Thanks for the link, Happy!  I use the Windows Snipping tool.

I just checked the paths in the Collections view and they are, in fact, identical. I clicked on "Edit Info" on the "Other Item" movie, noted the paqth, and then did the same on the movie in the "Movies" library.  The paths are the exact same.

MarcusJ

The emby collections function obviously "sees" the movie as evidenced by the path, but somehow characterizes it as an "Other Item" instead of a movie. By doing so, it then seems to take it upon itself to go out to the net and identify it using a path name that may or may not make sense to any of the online movie database sites ("Exorcist, The" instead of "The Exorcist"). But if that naming convention was the culprit, it would have the same problem with the other 3 Exorcist movies which also use the same naming convention (ie "Exorcist 2, The", etc...)

Happy2Play

I'm sorry about the size of the screen shots.

I think you're seeing what I'm seeing now. The metadata for the actual movie - Exorcist 1 looks perfect in the Metadata Manager. But when you look at the metadata for the rogue ("Other Item") version of the movie, it is very incomplete - no external id's, no overview, no genres, and only 1 generic image (Warner Brothers???)

This makes it sound like the server has identified this movie twice somewhere.  What happens if you use the one of the external ids from the good one and Identify the bad one with that id?

• Like 1

did you ever move the video file, like rearrange the folders? what is the path of each of those movies in the metadata manager? what are the contents of the collection xml?

• Like 1

MarcusJ

This makes it sound like the server has identified this movie twice somewhere.  What happens if you use the one of the external ids from the good one and Identify the bad one with that id?

I tried that also Happy, but it did not change anything.

Happy2Play

did you ever move the video file, like rearrange the folders? what is the path of each of those movies in the metadata manager? what are the contents of the collection xml?

Paths are shown in post 23 via metadata manager.

• Like 1

MarcusJ

Luke, I don't think I ever moved the folder or re-named it, but I can't be 100% sure. I know literally nothing about the collection xml?  Is that something I can send to you or post?

Happy2Play

I tried that also Happy, but it did not change anything.

How about posting the collection.xml.  (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections\Exorcist)

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Is this the only one that is having issues?  If not I am thinking there is an issue with your library.db and it may need deleted and rebuilt.

• Like 1

MarcusJ

No it is not the only one.  I have about 60 movies spread across 16 collections that get identified this way. I used the Exorcist as an example because it had a combination of movies shown as "Movies" and as "Other Items" so I thought it might be easier to trouble shoot.

If you'd like info on the others, please let me know and I'll send it along.

Happy2Play

Looking at the screenshots from the other topic are all your collections/movies duplicated like this?

post-124799-0-00734400-1470676730.jpg

• Like 1

MarcusJ

Not all of them, but many are.  I have a little over 100 collections that show up perfectly.  I still have about 58 movies spread across 16 collections that show up as "Other Items" and are all duplicated in the metadata.

Edited by MarcusJ

Happy2Play

And if you delete and recreate the collection do you get the same results?

• Like 1

• Solution

I had this problem with one of my Collections too - one movie showing as "Other Item" and duplicated in the normal listing.  In my case, the Collection.xml was corrupted.  I deleted the entire folder for that collection (in data/Collections) and let emby recreate it (based on the Collection Id metadata).  Fixed it.  Can't comment on why multi-select isn't working but maybe try deleting the xml files for the broken collections and let emby recreate them with a library scan (and/or Auto Boxsets plugin).

Edited by Raven
  • Like 3

MarcusJ

And if you delete and recreate the collection do you get the same results?

Sorry for the slow response - got pulled away for work.

I have deleted the collections 100 times and recreated them and the result is exactly the same.

MarcusJ

I had this problem with one of my Collections too - one movie showing as "Other Item" and duplicated in the normal listing.  In my case, the Collection.xml was corrupted.  I deleted the entire folder for that collection (in data/Collections) and let emby recreate it (based on the Collection Id metadata).  Fixed it.  Can't comment on why multi-select isn't working but maybe try deleting the xml files for the broken collections and let emby recreate them with a library scan (and/or Auto Boxsets plugin).

Raven, THANK YOU!!! I'm not crazy!

I'll give that a try...

MarcusJ

Raven you're a genius!  It worked!

I deleted the Exorcist folder in data/collections and then went back into the server and added Exorcist 1 into a newly created collection.  When I then opened the collection it was there and shown as a "Movie".  I looked at the metadata and it looked perfect.  I then opened the Metadata Manager and the metadata in there also looked perfect.

All resolved... :P

Thank you!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...