Watching library for changes

danergo
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

danergo

Hi, guys,

Do you have (or plan, or accept) a feature that can watch a folder for changes?

I mean, I have a download folder, to which my downloads are put.

However I need to do a full library rescan every time I want to watch that particular movie.

Since I have a fairly good connection, the library scan time is almost larger than the current download procedure.

So it would be a very nice to have feature to have this folder watched, and processed, like as the whole scan does it.

But in this case of course there won't be neccessary to scan all the other folders, so it's a win-win situation.

What do guys think?

Thanks,

danergo

• Solution

Hi, have you explored server settings? In particular, the library realtime monitor under library -> advanced?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
danergo

Thanks Luke,

I found now the real-time setting it was set to auto, and now I changed to "Yes". 

What is the difference between auto and yes?

Happy2Play

Hi, guys,

Do you have (or plan, or accept) a feature that can watch a folder for changes?

I mean, I have a download folder, to which my downloads are put.

However I need to do a full library rescan every time I want to watch that particular movie.

Since I have a fairly good connection, the library scan time is almost larger than the current download procedure.

So it would be a very nice to have feature to have this folder watched, and processed, like as the whole scan does it.

But in this case of course there won't be neccessary to scan all the other folders, so it's a win-win situation.

What do guys think?

Thanks,

danergo

I hope this is only completed downloads, I wonder how much information would be corrupted by an incomplete download being processed?  Or real time monitoring trying to continuously process during the download eating up more resources.

Edited by Happy2Play

danergo

@Happy2Play: yes, sure, it's only containing completed files. Incompletes are redirected to a temporary folder to avoid these kinds of problems.

@Luke: thanks, I'll upgrade my system. If I check this box, will Emby check all my library folders for changings?

• 3 years later...
zuberilol

Hi, 

I realize this is an old thread but this is the one that comes up from a google search.

Where is this auto scan of the library on file/folder change (real-time) in the latest server release as it doesn't appear to be visible in the one i'm running

2020-08-05.thumb.png.c75dc0fd712d7b82b8fd1bea614ef599.png

• 3 years later...
bcondemi

Hello,

I just setup Emby on my synology NAS. It has hardware transcoding using PLEX (for the last almost 10 Years). folder changes immediately updates the library with the most recent tv episodes first.

I found this thread and checked the library specific 'real time monitoring'. However, as I was adding tv show episodes, (within 15-20 minutes, 8 episodes were added), none of them showed up in the library. (newly added shows). I had to re-fresh the library to see them.

I do have 'real-time monitoring' checked.

Running 4.7.14.0-604071400. Anything else I should check?

Thank-you

43 minutes ago, bcondemi said:

Hello,

I just setup Emby on my synology NAS. It has hardware transcoding using PLEX (for the last almost 10 Years). folder changes immediately updates the library with the most recent tv episodes first.

I found this thread and checked the library specific 'real time monitoring'. However, as I was adding tv show episodes, (within 15-20 minutes, 8 episodes were added), none of them showed up in the library. (newly added shows). I had to re-fresh the library to see them.

I do have 'real-time monitoring' checked.

Running 4.7.14.0-604071400. Anything else I should check?

Thank-you

Hi, on Synology you might need to do this: