Slow navigation with Harmony remote

pmac
Go to solution Solved by pmac,

joshhuggins

We have some fluorescent can lights in our kitchen and they caused issues with our Harmony 880. When the lights were off, everything worked fine. Our IR receiver has a little blue light that shows when it's getting a signal that helped me figure it out. It would show a faint glow when the lights were on. I have also seen in another setup where UV film on windows seem to filter out most of the light like polarized glasses and must let enough IR light thru still that it caused signal issues. Weird little stuff like this is the stuff that can drive you nuts when you get focused in one area of troubleshooting and hunting down buggies! :)

Jdiesel

Wow I had the exact same problem and I never would have guesses it was my plasma TV causing the issue. My IR receiver has a visible LED in it that lights up when it receives a signal. I would always see it lighting up when I wasn't using any remotes and it would not work from time to time. I will try moving it when I get home.

• 6 years later...

Theater now has the virtual scrolling feature for vertical lists:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82293-44012-virtual-scrolling/

That means the lists will no longer load your entire library contents all at once and will instead only load what you see at once. This will help make the entire app more responsive and improve navigation performance.