advanced - bind to local address

maisto99

maisto99

I'm not able to provide logs because Emby immediately crashes when I try to use this feature.  I am running Emby 3.0.6070.0 on a Win 10 machine with 32GB of RAM and i5, Gen 6 proc. Also can't provide the error message because it crashes Emby and causes me to reinstall the entire app to get it going again.  This is after you completely remove any trace of Emby on the machine. So not only does it crash Emby, it prevents you for reinstalling it unless you get rid of the folders.

HELP!  This is very frustrating, not to mention the fact I can't get support because the logs disappear.  I've been experiencing more instability with features on Emby lately.  It is very frustrating to say the least.  I love the app... but...

maisto99

Here's the detail from my original post on his issue a couple months ago...

Neutral

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

My setup runs on Windows 10 64 bit that is installed on a six gen NUC i5 processor with 32GB memory.  I have a 256GB OS/application only drive, a 7200 rpm 1TB HDD that I use to transcode, record live TV, then I have a 4TB HDD  connected via USB 3.0 for storing my media.

My network includes my ISP's modem/router (EXT Router), and an VPN router (INT Router) that sits behind that.  I have the firewall rules and Static NATs setup in both routers to allow me to reach my media server that sits behind my INT Router.  However with the last release if I try to have Emby report a different IP through the "Advanced" feature in Manager Server the entire application crashes and gives me the following error. 

"Unhandled Exception:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

If I try to re-install Emby without removing everything you also get the same error.  I suspect it must be reading the different IP address from a configuration file and crashing.

7illusions

I think you need to post this under the Server-section of the forum, this is just for the Windows 10 app from Store. :)

Or is it the app crashing when you got this enabled, and server works fine?

Edited by 7illusions