Sorting Collections in Movie view

Raven
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play

Are you running custom css removing options then?  If not then there are other issue. missing tab header, movie years, and overlay menu options.

57b92b6e318e6_issues.jpg

Happy2Play

Also you shouldn't be seeing "SortBy=IsFolder" then because you have a library set to "Movie" content.  So a config somewhere is making your library "Folder" view.

Well, that's weird then.  Not running any custom CSS here.  

Don't know if it helps, but here's my Home View settings:

57b92fa10e4fd_ClipboardImage4.jpg

Dashboard:  Library, Display:

57b92fbb1f498_ClipboardImage5.jpg

Starting to wonder if my install is somehow corrupted...  Any easy way to reset (without losing everything)?

Edited by Raven

Happy2Play

You could just shut down the server and reinstall from the download page.  Nothing will be lost

Ok, trying that now.  Will report back shortly.

No dice.  Reinstalled current stable release and nothing changed.  

Edited by Raven

Tried to add the folder path for the Movies library as UNC (rather than using path substitution) but after a full library scan, nothing different.

Well, I don't know exactly what the issue is but I created a new Library item of Content type Movies based on the same media folder.  Library Scan is still running but looks like the new Movies library is displaying correctly (tab strip is present, Collections displayed correctly, etc).  So, looks like I'm going to have to re-add each Media Library.

Any way of defaulting to the Movies tab instead of Suggestions?  :)

Happy2Play

Any way of defaulting to the Movies tab instead of Suggestions?   :)

Unfortunately no, there are feature requests for it.  Your currently doing the last thing I could have suggested.  Glad to hear it is working out.  Hopefully @@Luke can comment on how this could have happened.  Is your TV content missing the tab strip also?

Yep, Tv is also missing it.  As are all the other media folders that have a content type of something other than Unset/Mixed - except, oddly, Music.  Looks like I've got a lot of Library Scanning ahead of me!  

I did notice that if I rename the new Movies library to "Movies" (which is what the original, faulty library was called), everything goes screwy again.  Renaming it to anything else fixes it.  Might just let the scan finish, restart the server and then try renaming it and see what happens.

Thanks so much for all your help with this today  :)

Happy2Play

TV missing what?

Missing what I highlighted in post 27, tabs.  So all the libraries are seen as what I would say as "unset" every though you can see in post 26 they are not.

So, any ideas why renaming the new Movies library to "Movies" breaks the sorting, tab strip, etc? 

Steps:

Existing library of Content type: Movies called "Movies".  Collection sorting broken and tab strip missing, etc

Create a new library of Content type: Movies called "New Movies" based on same folder.  All working perfectly, no issues.

Delete old "Movies" library

Scan Library

Restart Emby Server

Rename library from "New Movies" to "Movies".  Original problems resurface.

Rename library back to "New Movies".  Problems gone all working again.

Happy2Play

What files are in Movies folder in c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default?

Edited by Happy2Play

I'll check when I get home tonight but from memory there's a folder for each media library using the same name as the library.  Not much inside each folder except for a landscape.jpg, a 1kb .lnk file and a zero byte file (can't remember the name - maybe mblink)?

Happy2Play

To me is sounds like a database somewhere is holding that Library name as a folder view.  Can you post a server log.

Yeah, that's what I suspect too but no idea where.  Will post server log tonight when I get home - what steps do you want me to take before grabbing the log?

Happy2Play

What I am thinking actually would point to the system.xml but the log show the config, possibly an issue in content type.

example of one I mapped.  Near the bottom of the file.  \Emby-Server\config

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>C:\Users\media\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\Reality</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>

Happy2Play

No that is good, that means there is nothing there that can interfere with the default content types.  I'm out of ideas that could change your content type view.

@@Luke will have to comment on what could cause the view issue, but I am leaning toward a database issue.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Just did a quick look and it looks like the information is stored in the library.db.  And if that information isn't being completely removed when a library is being delete then that would explain the renaming a new library back to Movies returns the issue.  Just a guess though.

Happy2Play

Nothing is lost, a library scan will rebuilt that database if you delete it.

• Like 1

• Solution
Happy2Play

@@Raven @@Luke I can reproduce this issue, all Collections before Movies.  It is a user config.xml issue.   Emby-Server\config\users\USERID\config.xml

You need to look at the <PlainFolderViews>  I bet yours point to your libraries, like I configured mine to.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<UserConfiguration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <AudioLanguagePreference>eng</AudioLanguagePreference>
  <PlayDefaultAudioTrack>true</PlayDefaultAudioTrack>
  <SubtitleLanguagePreference />
  <DisplayMissingEpisodes>false</DisplayMissingEpisodes>
  <DisplayUnairedEpisodes>false</DisplayUnairedEpisodes>
  <GroupMoviesIntoBoxSets>false</GroupMoviesIntoBoxSets>
  <GroupedFolders />
  <SubtitleMode>None</SubtitleMode>
  <DisplayCollectionsView>true</DisplayCollectionsView>
  <EnableLocalPassword>true</EnableLocalPassword>
  <OrderedViews>
    <string>384bb658bdd82344138c376d0e4945c0</string>